Part Fifty-Four: Smile Through The Tears, Laugh Through The Pain.

Lauren's POV:

I woke up the next morning at the voice of Camila's phone ringing. I sighed in annoyance and shifted on the bed.

"Camila, your phone is ringing. Stop it please I want to sleep." I grumbled and turned to the other side. I was extremely tired after yesterday. Camila kept crying for hours and I was comforting her. After she calmed a bit I called Liam, because Harry didn't answer me, and told him that I'll sleep at Camila's house. We went to sleep at 6 am after I managed to convenes Camila that she has to rest because she has work tomorrow.

And now the phone was ringing, what a bad timing! It was so early and we barely slept.  Who could it be?

"Camila, your phone." I called again with a higher voice and  kicked her leg slightly so she'll wake up. She sighed and sat up next to me then grabbed her phone from the nightstand next to her bed,

"It's your brother. I'm not gonna answer it." she informed me as she put the phone back to its place and went back to sleep.

"It's your boyfriend, not my brother." I argued  and buried my head under the pillow.

"Ex boyfriend." Camila mumbled lazily as she pulled the blanket over her head.

"Okay whatever, would you please-" but before I end my sentence, the phone stopped ringing. I breathed in relief, it finally stopped. Now I can come back to sleep. But before I could do that, the phone started ringing again.

"Dear lord." I sighed and sat up, "Camila either you answer him or turn the phone off, I'm so tired and I want to sleep." I whimpered as I removed the blanket from Camila. She groaned and sat  up again,

"You have a really annoying brother." She shouted as she grabbed her phone and turned it off.

"Hey! You've dated him for 2 months." I protested, earning a death glare from her.

"Dated, in the past, and now it's over." She said and then got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I have work at 10. I have to get ready." She stated as she made her way to the bathroom.

"Ughh, you reminded me how much work sucks." I said and got up from the bed too, "I'm gonna make us some coffee." I said before getting out from the room and heading towards the kitchen.

After minutes the coffee was ready. I held the two mugs and walked to the living room. I placed them on the table and sat on the couch, waiting for Camila to get out from the bathroom.

I started thinking of the last two days and how things have changed. Camila and Harry, me and Zayn.. everything changed. We were so happy, two days ago I was walking with Zayn and talking about Harry's relationship with Camila. And now I'm waking up at Camila's house after a long night full of tears from both of us.

Zayn.. what happened between us? How we ended up like this? Why I put myself in such a situation from the beginning? Why did I allow myself to fall in love with him in the first place? Why I was so weak to resist him? why I couldn't control my feelings towards him even though I knew he has a girlfriend?

The only one who should be blamed is me, I caused this pain to myself. I'm the one who didn't think with her mind and thought only with her heart. I'm the one who agreed to be with a taken guy. I should've stopped him, I should've stopped myself. But regret is not useful now, it won't help me to get out of this. I have to think of a way to save myself from this. I have to stop loving him. I have to fix my heart and move on in life. I have to be okay. I have to be happy again.

A ring on the bell returned me back to reality. I got up from the couch and headed towards the door to open it. My breath caught in my throat at the moment I saw who it was; it was him, the man who I was thinking about seconds ago, Zayn.