Part Fifty-Two: Hearts On The Edge Of Breaking

Lauren's POV:

Many hours passed but I don't know exactly how much. I just knew that the morning has came when the sun blazed lightly into the curtains of my window.

Last night was awful, I couldn't sleep at all. I couldn't close my eyes even for a second after I saw Zayn and Perrie in that state. The image of them laying naked on his bed refused to get out of my head. The way was he was hugging her while they're sleeping made me cry the whole night,  thinking of what they were doing when I wasn't there.

My heart felt like it was burning inside my chest. The pain I was feeling seemed not to fade away. I felt broken,  I felt helpless. The pain was unbearable and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I couldn't do anything and I couldn't say anything. I just stayed there in my bed, crying till the morning.

But I have to stop now, I have to gather my strength and get up. I have to act normally like nothing happened yesterday. I have to show him that I'm okay, even though I'm far away from being that. I have to stop those tears and smile in front of everyone to pretend I'm fine. I'm used to that after all, I suffered a lot and managed to survive. This won't break me, this will pass just like what happened before did. I have to be strong, not for anyone but myself.

I forced myself to get up from the bed and then walked to my bathroom to take a quick shower. After the shower I went to my closet and picked the first thing I saw in front of my face, which was a peach summer dress. I threw it on and brushed my hair, leaving it to dry into its natural state because I didn't feel like drying it. I didn't bother putting on any make up on, I wasn't in the mood for doing anything.

After slipping on my shoes I went downstairs and headed towards the kitchen. I passed by the living room in my way there and found Harry sleeping on the couch. I opened the drawer and grabbed a blanket, throwing it over him so he won't catch a cold.

After that I went to the kitchen and started looking for something to make it for the breakfast. Just like any other day, I'll make a breakfast and act lie nothing happened yesterday.

At the end I decided to make pancakes and fresh orange juice. I brought out the pancake mix from the cabinet and placed it on the stool. Then I went to the fridge and opened it to take oranges' basket from there. I pulled the basket out and started closed the fridge, but it fell on the floor immediately when  Perrie's figure appeared in front of me without any warning.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to scare you." She apologized as she started helping me to collect the oranges that fell on the ground.

"No, it's okay." I said as I stood up and placed the basket on the stool next to the pancake mix. I turned to face Perrie after that, and that's only when I noticed what she was wearing. She was wearing one of Zayn's shirt, which managed barely to cover her ass. Her hair was disheveled and the first buttons of the shirt were left open. I stared at her with wide eyes, not knowing what to say or how to act.

"Um… welcome back!" I exclaimed nervously, swallowing back the lump that stuck in my throat after seeing her like this.

"Aaaw, thank you honey. I missed you so much." She squealed before giving me a tight hug. I hugged her back, closing my eyes over her shoulder to stop my tears from falling.

"How was your tour?" I asked after we broke the hug.

"Great," she answered with excitement and sat on the stool, "everything went perfectly, better that we even expected!" she smiled in excitement and I smiled back to her.

"Glad it went well." I commented as I brought a knife out of the drawer to start cutting the oranges.

"Do you need any help?" she asked politely and I shook my head,