fifty

THE CAMPING TRIP

March came with all sorts of anticipation: the senior prank, their senior trip, graduation, and of course an early start to summer before college

March came with all sorts of anticipation: the senior prank, their senior trip, graduation, and of course an early start to summer before college. It had been an eventful weekend to say the least: Hyde, Kelso, and Fez climbed the water tower to vandalize it. Kelso fell—as was to be expected. Fez got caught and the police found out his visa expires with graduation. Donna and Eric got Red's blessing to leave for Madison after graduation. Eric invited Lucy to move with them—claiming he couldn't be without his womb mate before college. And George actually had dinner with the Forman's one night and Red took a liking to him. His only fault being that he wasn't American.

So it was a relief when the gang was able to sit in the basement, Kelso sitting in the lawn chair, the twins on the couch and Hyde in his regular spot.

"Ah, my last American Popsicle washed down by my last American grape soda," Fez said nostalgically.

"Fez, it's sad you're getting deported but this last American crap's getting annoying," Hyde rolled his eyes.

Lucy nodded, "Yeah, he probably wouldn't even be getting deported if you two could not fight for once," she said pointedly at Kelso and Hyde.

"Ah, my last American chance to annoy you guys," Fez smiled.

Eric spoke up, "Hey, come on, Fez. Look on the bright side, I mean, we graduate tomorrow. You go to your country with a high school diploma they'll probably make you, like, head medicine man or something." Causing Lucy to smack her twin upside the head.

"Eric, there is no bright side about going back to a place where people are outnumbered by lizards," Fez pouted.

Kelso patted Fez on the back, "I'm gonna miss you, man. When you get there, can you mail me a lizard?"

"Eric, guess what came for you?" Donna announced as she walked through the back door.

"Hey, they just send those to me!" Eric started defending himself, "I don't even find those girls attractive."

"No, you perv," Donna laughed. "It's the key to our new apartment in Madison!" The twins both sat up excitedly as Donna handed them the package. "Now we can leave tomorrow after graduation like we wanted!"

"Great!" Eric cheered. "By this time next week, our new neighbors will be hearing your cries of love through our paper-thin walls!"

"Cries of love?" Hyde raised an eyebrow, "Or cries of disappointment?"

"Either way, I think I'll wait an extra week to head your way," Lucy said with a grimace. "George can drive me on the way to the airport!"

"I can't believe you're moving Luce," Kelso sat down shaking his head.

Lucy shrugged, "Why not get a jumpstart on living on my own ya know? No point in staying here."

"Oh, I don't want to go!" Fez whined, reminded of his own leaving.