thirteen

THE PROM

Lucy was trudging through the store with Donna, each of them searching for their prom dress

"Do blue, you always look good in blue," Lucy suggested as they raked through the dress racks.

"You could do red, it always makes you look great," Donna nodded.

They each pulled out a dress, feeling accomplished, their faces beaming at finally finding a dress after hours of shopping.

"So who are you going with to prom?" Donna asked as they were in the dressing rooms.

"Um, I don't know actually, I was fine with going alone. You wouldn't believe who asked me though!" Lucy said smoothing out her dress in front of the mirror.

"Who?" Donna asked intrigued.

"Zachary freaking Curtis!" Lucy said.

"No way!" Donna gasped as she stood to look over the divider, "Oh that's a new bra."

Lucy hummed in response, "So obviously, I said he could take the prom ticket and shove it where the sun doesn't shine."

"Good for you," Donna nodded.

"But I don't know, I'll probably end up going with one of the guys. I think Jackie wants me to go with Kelso that way she knows nothing will happen," Lucy shrugged the dress off and pulled her shirt back on.

"I still can't believe she broke up with him!"

"You can't? I can. But we all know they'll get back together," Lucy and Donna stepped out of their dressing rooms.

"You think Hyde is going to prom?" Donna asked.

"I think he'd sooner stop Circle Time," Lucy smiled as she took the dress back from the cashier. "So never."

The girls got back to the Forman's house and went to the basement, making themselves comfortable on the couch. Eric still wasn't back from getting his tux fitted.

"So, Hyde who are you taking to prom?" Donna asked, sitting down on the couch.

Hyde laughed sarcastically, "Oh that's funny you think I'm going to the prom."

Lucy looked to Donna as if to say "I told you so."

"Well that's too bad, because Lucy doesn't have a date," Donna said very quickly before darting out the basement door to run for her house.

Lucy smiled awkwardly at Fez and Hyde. The three sat in silence for a moment, Lucy tapping her hands on her knees, "I'm just gonna—" she slowly walked to the door.