thirty one

THE EL CAMINO

Lucy and Hyde laid on his bed, Hyde on top of her and kissing her softly yet passionately with his hand trailing up and down her leg

Lucy and Hyde laid on his bed, Hyde on top of her and kissing her softly yet passionately with his hand trailing up and down her leg. They were interrupted by a knock on Hyde's door; Hyde pulled away causing Lucy to sigh slightly at the loss of contact.

"What do you need?" Hyde yelled from the bed to his father on the other side, not hiding his annoyance but relaxing when Lucy leaned up and started peppering kisses along his neck.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" his father responded.

Hyde sighed, looking to Lucy beneath him, "Wait right here."

Lucy propped herself up on her elbows as Hyde got up, "I don't know big guy, maybe I'll ditch and see if I can find a Harrison Ford lookalike," she smirked.

"Ha ha, very funny," Hyde said before stepping out the door.

Lucy stayed on Hyde's bed, she shifted to lay on her front as she flipped through some of his comics. After a little while, Hyde finally came back in.

"Sorry doll," he apologized as he laid on the bed beside her, taking her free hand and tracing patterns on it mindlessly.

"It's alright," she smiled, still flipping the pages, "What were you talking about?"

"Oh," Hyde paused for a moment, "He just wanted to know what you were doing here."

Lucy stopped flipping the comic book and turned to look at him, "And what did you say?"

Hyde shrugged, "I just said he shouldn't worry about it, but your parents' lecture a while back has him thinking he's a great dad now so he kept lecturing me."

"Oh—okay," Lucy nodded.

"Is that not what I should've said?" Hyde asked concerned.

"Oh," Lucy sat up and brushed her hair back, "I guess I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page with—where we stand and what to tell people—or if we tell people."

"Oh," Hyde mouthed silently, thinking it through. "Well, Lucy, you know I'm not the best with..." he trailed off.

"Words? Relationships? School?" Lucy listed with a taunting smile.

"Yeah, yeah," Hyde chuckled, "Well, since this," he said gesturing between themselves, "Is so new, we still need to figure out if we can do this relationship...thing. What do you think?"

Lucy nodded in agreement, "Well, yeah, and I know I like you. So maybe it'd be better if we—like, held off telling people just since we're still figuring it out."

"Secret relationship? Sounds a bit scandalous LSD," Hyde teased.

"Oh shut it," Lucy laughed, "If they find out, they find out, it's no big deal."