twenty seven

THE PUNISHMENT

Lucy laid on her bed, listening to The Beatles

Lucy laid on her bed, listening to The Beatles. She wasn't sure if Red would bail Hyde out or leave him there to try to teach him a lesson.

She didn't even hear her window open, "Hey LSD," Hyde said quietly.

Lucy jumped up and instinctively hugged him. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and he hesitated a moment before wrapping his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly. She buried her face in the crook of his neck, sighing contently before remembering she was supposed to be pissed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked, pulling away quickly and tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Missed you too doll, I'm on probation," Hyde smiled.

"Good for you," she said throwing the pillow at him before laying back down, which he caught and sat beside her.

"Oh, you're upset that I just went to jail?" he asked confused. "I'm the one that should be upset."

"Oh suck it up, it was only two hours and fifty six minutes," she sneered, turning to lay on her side.

He was brushing the hair from her face mindlessly. She loved when he did that, it made her stomach flip—which made her more pissed off than she already was.

"You counted the minutes?" Hyde said teasing.

Lucy just stayed silent, knowing it would bother him if she didn't bicker.

His hand stopped brushing away the hair from her face but still hovered there, "Oh what did I do now?" he asked confused.

Lucy shot up, "You! You were stupid! My dad is going to kill you! What if he kicks you out? What if they didn't let you out? You know he wasn't going to get you!"

"God dollface, I really can't win with you," Hyde laughed, amused.

Lucy raised her eyebrows and purses her lips, "Let me give you a hint, getting arrested, is not how you win with me. The guys are in the basement—no doubt mocking you, my parents are in the kitchen—I'd avoid them, Donna's at home, and I don't know where Jackie is—probably having some fantasy about you how she did with Kelso when you all got arrested."

"Alright then, thanks doll," he got up and made his way to the door, "Scale of 1-10 how pissed is Red?"

Lucy thought for a moment, "More pissed than me."

Hyde nodded, "And how pissed are you?"

"Five minutes ago, I'd say 8, now it's more like a 7," Lucy said honestly.