forty eight

THE ACCEPTANCE LETTERS

Lucy sat on her bed, cramming for her senior exams in February, she needed to get at least a B+ on all of them to maintain her GPA

Lucy sat on her bed, cramming for her senior exams in February, she needed to get at least a B+ on all of them to maintain her GPA. And she was extremely anxious considering acceptance letters were starting to come in that month. There was a quick knock on her door before it opened and Hyde walked in and sat beside her on the bed.

"How you feeling LSD?" he asked, looking at a paper that had all of her notes and unreadable scribbles on it.

"Exhausted," Lucy pouted putting her pencil down as she looked at the boy next to her. "I don't have time for anything anymore! I'm going to have to quit my job at The Hub, I'm running more errands for Mom now since she's been so upset about us graduating soon, and all my deadlines are coming up!"

"God Lucy, calm down, colleges only care if you completely fail your second semester," Hyde said reassuringly.

Lucy sighed, "Right but I need A's to at least be salutatorian."

"But I mean, being salutatorian doesn't matter in the grand scheme, ya know. Just take it easy Lucy! It's our last month!" he scoffed, before leaning in to kiss her.

His lips barely met her own before she pushed him back, "Steven, I don't have time, I have so much to study. I mean, you saw my schedule! And why aren't you this stressed?"

Hyde shrugged "I'm already on top of it." He looked back at the agenda of assignments and hummed, picking up a pencil Lucy dropped on the bed and scrawling something on the page before looking back to Lucy. "Now you have time," he smirked.

Lucy snatched the paper back from the boy and looked at what he scrawled at the bottom of the page To Do: Steven

"Well, the schedule is never wrong," Lucy smiled, wrapping her arms around the smirking boy's neck, playing with his curls.

Hyde chuckled, leaning in again to kiss the girl. Both teens eagerly pushing the papers away to the edge of the bed to make room to lay down. His hands trailed up under her shirt, causing chills to go down Lucy's spine. She lightly tugged at his curls before her hands went to the hem of shirt, Hyde quickly pulled away and pulled his shirt off before reconnecting his lips with her own. Lucy peppered kisses along his jaw and neck; in doing so, Hyde caught a glance at a envelope that fell to the floor.

"What's this?" Hyde asked as he sat up, confused, seeing a pile of letters with college emblems that weren't from Wisconsin.

"Hmm?" Lucy hummed, sitting up, not sure what her boyfriend was looking at when he reached to pick one of the opened envelope off the floor. "Oh, Steven, seriously don't worry about it, it's dumb college mail."

Hyde put his shirt back on while he furrowed his eyebrows, "Northwestern?" he turned to her.

The girl made a reach for the paper while laughing nervously, "Well, it's not a big deal—" but he turned away slightly to pull it out of the envelope.