thirty nine

THE CLASS PICTURE

The gang sat around in a classroom, awaiting their turn to take their yearbook picture

The gang sat around in a classroom, awaiting their turn to take their yearbook picture. Donna and Lucy sat beside eachother on a desk while Jackie sat opposite of them and ran her hands through Kelso's hair.

Just then Hyde walked in, standing beside Lucy who propped her arm on his shoulder and rested her head. "Hey guys, Tommy Hedges just got his picture taken with a big old booger!"

Lucy scrunched nose, pulling back and looking up at Hyde in confusion. He shrugged and poked her nose, to which she rolled her eyes and smiled softly.

"So, why were you in Tommy Hedges' picture?" Eric acted confused before laughing, his twin snickering at the joke.

"So, wait. He had a booger, and you didn't tell him?" Donna asked.

Hyde shrugged, "He'll find out, it'll be in the yearbook."

"It's true. That's how I found out I was adorable," Fez smiled.

"It's how I found out my boobs had actually grown," Lucy nodded.

Hyde looked at her confused, "You needed a yearbook photo for that? It was pretty obvious to the rest of us" Lucy then scoffed, smacking his chest lightly.

"Okay, but seriously!" Jackie exclaimed, "The only thing more important than your yearbook picture is your yearbook quote!"

Kelso smiled excitedly, "Ah! I already got that covered. My quote's gonna be, What a long, strange trip it's been. Yeah, that's freaking profound!"

Eric sighed, "Kelso, every lame-o hippie in the history of time has used that quote."

"And their uncle!" Lucy chimed in, the twins nodding in agreement.

"Well, yeah. That's 'cause it's good!" Kelso defended.

"No, Michael, your quote has to be meaningful, so you can remember the good times when you're like, 30 with no reason left to live," Jackie insisted.

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows but nodded, "Yeah, and you can go back and look at everyone's photo and see that Pam—that they peaked in highschool!"

"Okay, hidden in Jackie and Lucy's extremely disturbing thought is a grain of truth. We need a really good quote this year!" Donna agreed.

"Well, all the best quotes are about things that mean a lot to you," Jackie explained, "Like for example: me, my hair, or my personality, or the sparkle I bring to your dull, grey lives."

"Kelso, take notes," Lucy joked.

Hyde added, "Or the feeling of relief we get when you leave the room."