Revealed, Part I

A/N: First bout of violence! Here's chapter seven!

(Also, for reference's sake, Ed's around 5'3"-5'4" in this story)

I was running with them, but I still felt like every cell in my body was trying to pull me back in the opposite direction. Nobody was saying anything about me still being here-I wasn't even sure if I should hang back or not. But Ed's sight would probably be restored, even if he was blinded again...

I stopped running just as we approached our destination. Dammit!

I looked up, seeing the flames roaring above us. The building had been blown up... A church, of all things...

A silhouette caught my focus; a shadowed figure beside the burning rooftop, someone quickly jumping away!

Ed was bounding off after them, shouting back at us to take care of the fire. We nodded our agreement before I heard the sound of clapping behind me.

I turned around, looking to see a giant water hose-something that kind of looked like a cannon-beside the street's fire extinguisher. Al stood up, aiming the water as it shot out.

The fire began to sizzle in response, the sound background noise as Al spoke to me.

"I'm going to go see if there's anyone stuck inside! Can you take care of the fire?"

I nodded, switching places with him as he ran off and disappeared inside the building, ignoring the shouts the crowd gave for him to stop.

I grabbed the handles Al was using to aim this massive thing, immediately feeling the weight hoist me up. My legs kicked in the air, and I felt someone help pull me down.

"Thank you." I smiled nervously, watching the man just nod.

"I can take care of this!" he told me.

Feeling absolutely useless, I let go of the handles and stepped to the side, watching this stranger take over the only job I was assigned. People cheered as the flames started to weaken, overpowered by the massive amount of water.

Another bomb went off, not even a block away. My heart dropped; that's the same direction Ed ran off to!

I didn't even think as I started running towards the cloud of smoke visible from one of the windows... Nothing seemed to be blown out; no windows or doors.

Again, my thoughts went to the instincts trying to force me back. Just wait, it was telling me. Just don't get in the way...

Another bomb went off, and this time I felt the shocks ripple the ground below my feet. I stumbled, not falling. The earth settled back to normal, and I burst through the already open door.

An empty living room greeted me. But I heard the sounds of a rough scuffle downstairs; like someone was being dragged along a table, knocking off glass and breaking it on the floor.

I soon found the stairs to the basement, and by then Ed's voice came to my ears. Talking to whoever he was fighting. He didn't sound hurt; in fact, he sounded completely cocky.

"What're you gonna do now?" he taunted. "I can escape your stupid little bombs all night, pal. No sweat."

Oh, no... Please don't provoke him, Ed...

The stairs ended, bringing me down to a dimly lit basement. A slick voice rang out as I stopped running, the last of my steps echoing against the concrete.

"Well, it seems we have another visitor."

I saw the shorter of the two figures turn towards me, a familiar voice saying my name.