Blind

I padded out of the hotel's bedroom, noticing my sketchbook was on the kitchen table. I turned to Ed as he approached me, hands in the pockets of his coat.

"I figured you'd want it back." he told me with a smile.

I gave him a softer one as I replied. "Just until you'd like to draw again."

He just grinned, and I found something about the expression made my heart beat a little quicker. I smiled a bit more, a soft blush rising to my face.

Al's footsteps brought my focus away. I looked towards the noise as the teen in the suit stopped walking, standing on the other side of the kitchen tile, near the front door. He lifted a hand to me in a wave.

"Hey! Good morning!"

"Good morning!" I returned cheerily. "I didn't know you two were such early risers!"

Al hesitated, allowing Ed to fill the silence.

"Not sure if you'd count 9:30 as 'early', but—"

"It's already 9:30?!" My hands found my lips, horror reaching my eyes. "I'm so sorry; why didn't you two wake me up?!"

Ed just shrugged, avoiding my gaze. "You seemed tired after last night so we let you sleep in. No big deal; most people wouldn't like strangers bangin' on their doors this hour anyway."

I relaxed, realizing he had a point. "Well," I began, "I would still like to be awake; we won't be able to spend every single day together."

Ed looked at me, realizing what I said. Part of my mind realized what I just said, too, confirming how temporary this case was. How temporary our interactions were... Our friendships.

Will I go back? I asked myself. After this is over?

My heart plunged at the idea, and soon I saw a piece of paper being offered to me. One gloved hand holding it at the top.

"Here." he said. "Order some breakfast."

Realizing the challenge, I hitched a smirk onto my face, placing my hand on his and lowering the paper a little. "I'm not letting you pay for anything I have."

He grinned. "Let's just see who gets the bill first."

My hand slipped away from his, turning to Al. "Let's go out to eat! There's some restaurants around here, right?"

"That's a great idea!" Al told me. "There's a lot of places here!"

"Great!" My smile suddenly fell. "But... Are you still doing that alchemy fast?"

Al's eyes shrunk. "Uh." He suddenly grew nervous. "Y-yeah. But that doesn't mean I can't watch you guys eat!"

"O-okay." I mean, that was a little weird, and I felt really bad, but...

"It's alright!" Ed chimed in. "I'll eat enough for the both of us, Al!" He shot me a grin. "I'll pay for the bill, too!"

"WILL YOU STOP?!"

_____________

"Did you sleep alright?"

The thought left my mouth as soon as I had it, bringing my stare to Edward. He looked back, then nodded before taking another bite of his breakfast.

"Yeah, sure. Why wouldn't I?"

I blushed, looking down to my food. "Well, you were on the couch, after all." I turned to Alphonse, who sat across from me. "And you were against the wall, Alphonse. That couldn't have been very comfortable..."