3%

"I'm sorry, it just sounded like you said I was changing into a werewolf," Beca let out a chuckle.

"I'm not lying," Stacie said. "This isn't the ideal way to tell someone, but considering-"

"Considering what?" The brunette interrupted.

"Considering we're in school and your eyes changed color, I figured I should tell you."

The 16 year old stared at her friend before shaking her head and making her way to the bathroom door.

"Why do you think Jesse asked if you would rather be a vampire or werewolf?"

Beca stopped in her tracks as she stayed silent, a cue for Stacie to continue.

"It wasn't just a random question," she said softly. "It was a test to see if you knew to choose werewolf or knew in general. When you said everything about it being a myth, we knew you didn't know, but the fact you chose werewolf meant something."

"You're insane," Beca started harshly as she turned around to face the taller 16 year old. "Was everyone else in on it too?"

"No, just Jesse and I," She admitted. "Beca, we're werewolves. You, me, Jesse, our parents. We're a pack and nobody was in on anything. This isn't some joke."

"How do I know that, huh?" Beca said getting into Stacie's face who just stayed calm. "Werewolves. Don't. Exist."

"Yes, they do. Your headache? That's not a headache. It's your body changing. The sharp pain on the back of your head? It's making your senses heightened. And what happened out there," Stacie said pointing in the direction of the cafeteria. "You were hearing conversations you shouldn't be able to hear. You were hearing lockers shut and Beca. Your eyes changed."

"How did you know about the lockers?" The brunette was taken by surprise and Stacie just pointed to her ears.

"I told you, Jesse and I are werewolves."

Beca paused before saying, "I don't believe you."

"Yeah, well, you're going to and you're going to need me when the final change happens," Stacie said as Beca grabbed the door handle.

"What final change?" Beca said quietly.

"The transformation," Stacie replied and that was the last straw before Beca pulled the door open and walked out.

Lunch was already over and they went to their respective classes. They only had two left and the whole time, Beca couldn't concentrate. She was thinking about what Stacie said.

There's no way that werewolves and vampires exist. It's all a fictitious story to entertain people of all ages. Her eyes did change color and there was no mistaking that golden color. Beca tried to find ways to support her stance on the existence of mythical creatures, but she couldn't find any. She saw her eyes as clear as day and she couldn't find a reason as to why she would have imagined it.

She looked up at the board and from her spot in the middle of the classroom, she could see every little detail from the magic marker. She saw the tiny white lines that the black marker had missed on the two and saw the dust particles left on the board as if it had never been cleaned when in reality, the teacher had just cleaned it before writing.

Before she knew it, the day had ended and she quickly made her way out of the school and into her car before driving home.

"How was school, honey?" her father asked and she just ignored him as she jigged up the stairs and shut her door.

Not having anything else on her mind, she dropped her back by her bed and sat in her desk chair, opening her laptop covered in music notes- courtesy of the case, and immediately went to google.