27%

Beca wasn't at school the next day. They assumed it was because she was sick, but Amelia informed them that she never came home.

"What do you mean she never came home?" Chloe asked, really worried.

Amelia shrugged. "She never did. She left wearing jeans and a hoodie with her backpack and said she was going over to Stacie's to work on some project."

The other brunette furrowed her eyebrows. "No, she never came over and as far as I know, there's no other school project. We didn't even make plans to hang out."

"So she just up and left?" Aubrey asked worried as well and Stacie grabbed onto her hand under the table to let her know everything would be okay.

"Maybe she's with family?" Emily suggested and Amelia shook her head.

"Our dad and myself are her only relatives in this state. There's a few in Maine, but everyone else is either all the way on the West Coast or in England."

"How do you know all that?" Benji asked. "You've only been here for what, a few months?"

Amelia just raised an eyebrow. "I'm her sister. What do you think we do at home? Fight all the time?"

"Well-" Jesse started to say but was cut off.

The younger Mitchell sighed. "Look, we've been bonding a little more and dad wanted to tell me about his side of the family and I was curious."

"Back to Beca though. I texted her last night and she read it but never replied," Chloe started but was cut off by Jake who had insisted on sitting beside Chloe.

"I'm sure she just went for a run or something. Maybe she needed to get away because she doesn't like me very well," Jake tried to joke.

"None of us like you very well," Benji mumbled and Jesse chuckled.

"It's not funny, Jake," Chloe said pushing his arm away from her shoulder. "This isn't like Beca."

"I'm sorry, baby," Jake said and both Stacie and Amelia made gagging noises which only caused the boy to glare at them. "Is there a problem?"

"Yeah, this whole..." Amelia said motioning to the couple with her hand. "Situation you got going on here."

When Jake made a sudden movement, Chloe tried pushing him away but he ended up pulling his hand back and hitting her right in the face.

The whole table went silent and Jake just looked at Chloe with wide eyes.

"We're done," Chloe said with tears nestling spilling over. "Get away from me."

"I'm sorry," he stammered. "I didn't mean to."

They all were so in shock that none of them moved as they watched him get up and grab his stuff.

"Chloe, are you okay?" Aubrey asked as Emily turned in her seat to look at the redhead.

"Here, let me see," Emily said softly as she gently to hold of Chloe's hand and pulled it away. The older woman's eye was red and already started to swell. "We should get you to the nurse."

"I'll come with," Aubrey released Stacie's hand and stood up. The blonde grabbed Chloe's bag and the three of them headed to the front of the school.

"Beca's not gonna like that," Benji stated and they all shook their head in agreement.

"So what do we do?" Amelia asked through their pack telepathy.

"Should we go look for her?" Jesse asked. "Or tell Mr. Mitchell?"