Telekinesis

This has been in my drafts for ages, which I had begun a sketch of something after I had finished reading Carrie. Except, tonight I erased it all and began a new one that I like a lot more! It's unedited because I'm lazy, but I hope that you enjoy xx

It had been a hard apocalypse.

Especially for you.

When the outbreak first occurred, you had left your hometown for the first time in your entire life, leaving the tight-knit community in the dust along with your zombified friends and neighbours. You had left with your older brother, older sister and two of their friends.

Crying in the backseat of the family car, you grieved over your dead parents and what you had witnessed that morning when you hurriedly left your house. Your older sister turned on the radio, however all that came up was a message from the government. 

But after your siblings had died from bites after protecting you from two different hordes, their friends had decided to leave you behind as there wasn't enough supplies for all three of you. They entered the forest and the last you ever heard of them was their screams.

A lot had happened since then. You had wandered around by yourself, teaching yourself how to make weapons out of the materials around you, and looting stores and abandoned buildings to survive. You had been adopted into all kinds of groups, all of which either deserted you or died before you could get too attached.

You liked to spend time alone, as it made you feel comfortable. You could teach yourself a range of new skills and not have to worry about anybody else. Sure, it was lonely, but there was always a zombie or two roaming around that you could tie down and talk to if you ever needed to.

You were doing fine until you ventured into a tall abandoned building one night. You had looted the ground floor and were cautiously climbing the stairs to the second floor, when something went over your head and you fell into a deep sleep.

When you woke up, you were tied down in a chair, with a range of different needles and serums being injected into you. For seven months, you were subjected to this testing and torture, along with a bunch of other survivors that had been captured too. 

You were one of the lucky ones, as all of those survivors died within two weeks of their stay. However, you were the scientists' special project, as they stopped testing vaccines and decided to create something entertaining to take their minds off the world's end. 

When the lab finally broke down and zombies flooded in, killing your captors, you were free. Except, you were bound by the inhumane powers they gave you.

It's cool sometimes. If something's far away, you can pick it up easily. The only downside is that any human you encountered tried to kill you, mistaking you for a zombie. Until Operation Bitemark rescued you.

~ POV CHANGE ~

I've been with this group for around three months now, and I've managed to conceal my 'talent'. I've become really attached to them, and we all understand each other. Plus, we've been through a lot of situations, many of which are hard to understand.

Like the time I almost got trapped in this crazy cult run by crazy women. Or the time a zunami flooded us and we had to hide in a morgue. Or when we had to help a nuclear power plant with its meltdown, resulting in the death of three people. The entire town's population.

I'm scared to show them, in case they think I'm a freak. Sure, we have Murphy, who literally has the cure for humanity running through his veins, but this isn't normal. At least he can do something with his powers, like scaring off hordes, but mine is just a freak of nature.