I'm Joking

You walk around to the other side of the truck and lean against it, staring at Murphy.

'Can I help you?' He mutters sarcastically, glaring back at you.

'I'm here. Just in case,' You reply, crossing your arms.

'Just in case of what.'

'Just in case you turn. You're not looking so good,' You say, smiling at him. 

He chuckles back at you.

'You're not looking so good yourself, sweetheart. When was the last time that you showered?' Murphy retorts.

You scoff.

'At least I don't look like one of them. Don't you get tired of being mistaken as a zombie? One day someone might shoot you. By accident. Or on purpose if it's me.'

'That way they won't eat me. I don't have to worry about dying or turning. Beat that,' Murphy throws back.

'They already did chew on you, you do realize that, right?'

He makes a face at you and rolls his eyes. You chuckle and walk to the front of the truck, where the rest of the group is. You stand next to 10k.

'Hey, are we going soon? Is everything okay?'

10k points across the gravel road, where Warren has started to walk on the other side.

'We're staying here for the night. Warren says that we need time to figure out where we can go for supplies. Also to find the quickest route to California. Murphy isn't looking too good,' 10k explains.

You chuckle.

'I've already told him that. Do you need help with bringing anything over?' You ask.

10k shakes his head and picks up his gun. 

'I'll meet you in there,' He says, following Addy who is waving him over.

You follow him and Murphy follows you. Soon you're all standing outside of the small cottage.

Weeds and long grass overwhelm the front porch and steps, the white paint on the outside of the cabin is chipping. Some tiles from the grey roof is missing; though most of the slabs could be found in the shrubs that haven't been trimmed in four years. Or longer. 

'Are you sure this is the right house Warren?' Doc jokes.

'It looks... cozy,' Addy replies.

'More like ugly and broken down. Let's go find another place,' Murphy complains.

'We've finally found something that matches you and your personality!' You joke, earning a laugh from the rest of the group. Doc pats your back.

Murphy glares at you. 

'You know, I'm going to save your life one day. I'm going to save everybody's lives. Hell, I'm saving the world once we get to California. You'd better watch your mouth and respect me, you little brat!' He lectures.

You raise one eyebrow and laugh.

'I'll believe that when I see it. Are we going in this house or not?' 

Warren nods and walks in first, weapon raised. She creeps cautiously into the hallway, weapon raised. Then she beckons us all in, checking each room. 

Inside the cottage, it's a different story. 

The interior of the house looks so different from the outside, almost as if it was a different building. It's decorated normally; floral wallpaper covering every room downstairs. It looks like it was renovated recently and is modern inside.