knights in shining armour

This isn't really a one shot but I just thought about it... hehe

~ ~ ~

The horde is too powerful.

We've been fighting it off for what seems like hours, but only more pour into the room. Their teeth gnash and theirs growls echo around the room. We're surrounded.

Doc is attached to my back, firing his gun in any direction. I hear curses under his breath and he eventually brandishes a long knife, slicing off Z's heads in one go. I chop off a zombie's head, only for another to take its place.

I pant at the effort of this, my limbs screaming with fatigue. Around me, I can hear the defeated sounds of the group and Murphy is shrieking with the effort of trying to control the massive horde. But nobody is giving up. Not yet.

After what seems like another hour fighting Z's, they finally stop stumbling into the room. I lower my weapon, staring at the bodies strewn all over the marble floor. I wince at the crimson blood staining the pure tiles.

Warren looks around and then claps her hands. 'Let's go!'

Doc and I share a look before I shrug. We run out of the museum foyer, looking for an empty room to wait it out. We pass dinosaur skeletons and taxidermied specimens. We pass the marine section, which makes me look a little longer. The sharks always look so cool.

There's bloody hand prints on the WWII memorabilia and one of the fighter planes is dangling from one side. 10k picks up a huge missile and looks at it in wonder. Warren claps her hands loudly at him, making him jump and throw it back onto the display, following her.

We pass the natural disaster section, with the fake volcano and the replicate of a person covered in ash from the Pompeii eruption. Doc does a double take and exclaims, 'I'd hate to be that guy!'

Addy snorts as she runs. 'Actually, I'd love to be him right now.'

Warren stops at the end of the hallway, making us all skid to a halt behind her. She looks from left to right, making a decision. I hear groans coming from the left, so she steers us to the right. 

There's a large room at the end of the hallway and we all sprint to it. Doc and I hit it last and close the huge doors as the zombies reach us. We all sigh in relief and then take a look around the room.

Mack picks up a Viking helmet, studying it with a smile. 'Wish we still had these.'

Addy laughs and then points to a side of the room. 'There's a whole army there!' 

We turn and look to see the entire side lined with knight armour on stands. It's all polished with no rust in sight. There's the full body armour and then a helmet to match. There's also a sharp sword that glints in the light. 

I walk over to it, touching the tip of the sword with my finger. I can't believe it - it's real! I laugh and take a helmet from one of the displays, placing it over my head. 10k comes over and takes another helmet and a sword, threatening to challenge me to a duel.

Then I gasp. And 10k looks at me and we share a look. 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?'

10k nods and Doc gasps. 'I'm also thinking what you're thinking!'

We all laugh and Warren looks at Addy and Mack, whose eyes are also glinting. She shakes her head. 'No, we are not doing that.'

We all look at her with pleading eyes and she sighs. 'Fine, we are doing that.'

We all cheer before taking the armour off the displays. I file into the body armour, with 10k helping me to attach it. I replace the helmet over my head and help 10k and Warren with their own armour. 

When we're all ready to go, I pick up the sword and hold it in front of me. 'Let's go forth, squad.'

Warren rolls her eyes with a smile but the rest of us cheer, swords held in front of us and ready. Doc pulls up his helmet and grins.

'Let's kick some medieval zombie butt.'

~ ~ ~

I hope that you liked it lol it's not really a one shot but like imagine how powerful Operation Bitemark would be if they all wore knight armour...