It's Cold

You lay in the queen bed, covers right up to your neck. You curl into a ball, hoping that will heat you up more. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be working. You sigh as you struggle to sleep due to the cold keeping you awake; teeth chattering and goosebumps invading every part of your body.

Suddenly, you hear a squeak and you reach for your knife on the beside cabinet. You sigh in relief as the figure closes the door and steps into the small stream of moonlight in the middle of the room.

'10k? What's up?' You ask. 

He's shivering, hugging himself.

'I, um, well, I was wondering...'

You sit up despite the cold and pat the spot next to you.

'Come sit down.'

'Thanks.'

10k gingerly sat down by your feet.

'So, why have you woken me up? Is it important?' 

'I was wondering if I could... maybe... come into your bed? It's... coldandallandyoudon'thavetosayyesactuallyIcouldgobackrightnowifyousaynoit'salrightwithmeY/N,' 10k blurted out.

You chuckled softly.

'Sure. It's a good idea, shared body heat will warm us up.'

10k slowly walks to the other side of the side and pulls the covers back. He puts a small blade onto the nightstand and gets in next to you. You roll over so that you are facing him. 

'Is this okay?' He asks.

You nod.

Everything is silent for a moment, both of you just watching each other and listening to the rain tumbling down. 

'Do you think that we will ever make it to California?' You whisper.

10k's eyes meet yours.

'I know that we will. Warren won't stop until we do.'

'What if something happens on the way? What if someone from the group dies? What if it's you?'

'Sorry,' You say, after realizing that your worst fear was now out in the open.

'Don't be. It's okay. In this world, people will die all the time. All that we can do is try our best to keep on going and make what time we have count.'

'Wow, that was really inspirational.'

You both chuckle.

'I wanted to be a philosopher, before all of this happened, did you know that?' 

You're both fully laughing by this point.

'Stop lying to me!'

You both laugh for a few minutes, then you feel a hand at your side. You look down and 10k starts to tickle you.

Laughter begins again and tears start to pool in your eyes.

'10k! S-stop!'

He doesn't though and you can't stop your laughter.

You squeal and try to get away from him, but he rolls after you, continuing to tickle you. 

'T-ten... thOUSAND!'

He finally stops.

'All jokes aside, I will always protect you. You don't need to worry about what will happen to you because I will always be there for you, okay?'

You looked up at him.

'Got it.'

You smiled at each other.

You moved closer toward 10k's chest, toward his body heat. He hesitated but wrapped his arms around you in response. Then he put his head on top of yours.

'Goodnight, Y/N,' He whispered.

'Goodnight 10k,' You whispered back, sleep taking over your body.

As you let it take control and drifted off to sleep, you swear that you heard 10k say something else to you. You couldn't say for sure, but it sounded like those three words that you had been waiting for him to say since you met him.

Hope that you enjoyed this quick imagine! Will be writing and posting on the weekend, maybe only once as I have a test and two essays to write! Next week is my last week of school until I get a two week break, so I'll definitely post then as well.Hey everyone! This was in my drafts for a while so I decided to finish it. 

Love you all xxx