Bingo! (2)

You and Marcus look into over at the shrubbery, looking for a sign that the person hiding is 10k. You spot a red bandanna and goggles on the top of a raven-haired head. You give Marcus a thumbs-up, confirming that it is, in fact, 10k.

'Marcus. What did you want to ask me?' You asks loudly, making sure that 10k can hear her.

'Y/N. I want you to run away with me. We can be happy in the apocalypse together. Nobody can stop us,' Marcus pretends to propose to you.

You gasp in fake surprise. 'Yes!' You squeal.

'We can get married, survive the apocalypse together. We can be together until the day that we die.'

'But what about my group? I love them so much and they are my family,' You say. Marcus gives you a look of confusion but you mouth for him to play along. He nods, getting the plan. If 10k really likes you, then he wouldn't like the idea of you bringing Marcus along with the group and marrying him. 

'Of course, anything for you, Y/N. I would love to meet and be a part of your family,' Marcus agrees, dramatically. You hear the bushes rustle and the sound of footsteps rushing away. Marcus high fives you.

'I feel bad. He's going to be really upset and I don't want to hurt his feelings. If he does like me, that is,' You say.

'He does like you, I can see it. Plus, his hurt is a small price to pay for the two of you to be together,' Marcus convinces your guilt to fly away in the cool evening wind.

~ ~ ~

After chatting with Marcus for another two hours and saying goodnight to him, you make your way to your shared cabin. 10k is on the bottom bunk, lying and staring at the ceiling. (Not really the ceiling, more like the bottom of the top bunk bed. I'll leave now) 

'Hi, Y/N.' His voice is cold and emotionless; the sound of it makes you feel uncomfortable and even unsafe. 

'Hey, 10k! Sorry, I got in so late,' You say brightly. You need to keep up the charade for it to work, like Marcus said. You pushed your guilt aside and fake a wide smile.

'Right. You were with... what's his name?'

'Marcus? Oh, we were just talking and things. Why, are you jeeeaaallloooussss?' You drag the word out, faking confidence. 10k looks over at you and shrugs, looking back at the ceiling. 

~ ~ ~

After getting ready for bed in the communal bathrooms, you walk back into your cabin. 10k is in the same position.

'Do you want me to turn off the light?' You ask, observing his figure. He nods and you turn it off, stumbling in the dark. You manage to climb up the ladder and get into bed.

'Did you have fun with...?' You ask, then trail off as you realise that you don't know her name. 

'Ashley? I guess. I went looking for you, I wanted to talk to you,' He says, sadness evident in his voice. It makes your stomach knot inside.

'Sorry. Tomorrow we can talk, you can even meet Marcus,' You suggest. 10k makes a 'humph' noise. 

'Goodnight, 10k,' You say, crossing your fingers that he will say it back.

'Goodnight,' He replies back quietly, in a small voice. You exhale slowly, relieved.