Shot

I hope that you enjoy :)

You lean as high as you can, jumping slightly to reach the top shelf. Your fingers brush against the can, but you can't grasp it. You land back onto the ground empty handed, which makes 10k chuckle from beside you and take it down easily, handing it to you.

You groan quietly and thank him, cursing his height under your breath. He hears and chuckles again.

'It's not my fault you haven't grown properly,' he replies, making you arch an eyebrow and cross your arms, glaring at him.

'My height is perfectly fine, thank you. I wouldn't want to be the size of a giant. How's the weather up there?'

10k glares back at you, which makes you both have a staring contest for a minute. Then, you burst out laughing, which makes him laugh with you.

Roberta rushes into the store with panic at that moment, calling your names in a hurried whisper. You both step out from behind the shelves, concern etched on your faces. Roberta meets your eyes and exhales in relief, putting a hand to her chest. Then she looks at you both in concern.

'You guys okay?'

10k shares a confusion look with you, before sending one to Roberta. 'We're fine. What's happening?'

Roberta takes a deep breath, possibly in relief. 'Doc spotted a bunch of bandits around here. They're looking for trouble and we need to get out of here. Who knows what they would do with two beauties like you. Think that you can sneak out?'

You both nod confidently, before sharing another puzzled look. Roberta sighs in relief again.

'Okay. Grab as many supplies as you can and sneak out the back. Doc and I are figuring out the safest route outta here. Stay safe.'

'Stay safe,' You both echo back, sharing a concerned look with one another. Then you both start to silently shove cans and boxes into your bags. The jokes and happiness in the atmosphere have gone, replaced by fear and uncertainty. 

You both move quickly, clearing as many shelves as you can. After you and 10k clear a shelf in the middle, you hear booming voices outside, yelling and cheering. You both continue to silently shove the supplies into your bags, making sure not to make any sudden movements either. You hear footsteps in the entrance of the store and panic rushes through you, making your hands shake. You feel relieved that you're both in the back of the store, across from the exit.

'Anybody here, Grant?'

The voice sends chills down your spine, making you freeze in your spot. You turn to 10k, who's eyes have widen as well. You both slowly duck behind the shelf, trying to squeeze yourselves smaller. You hear the echoing footsteps get a little closer and you instantly reach for 10k's hand, finding it easily and entwining your hand with his. He squeezes your hand in response, sending a small wave of calm through you.

The footsteps stop in the aisle before yours. You close your eyes to slow your breathing, which has started to grow heavy in fear.

'Nope.'

You hear a confused grunt from one of the other men, who must be at the entrance of the store. A pair of boots shuffle before you hear another voice ring out. 

'Where'd that group go? They had two vehicles.'

Another man makes a frustrated groan. 'I dunno, Rob. Do I look like a map to you?'

The man that spoke before makes an angry sound. 'Hey, don't speak to me like that. I'm the boss.'

Yet another man (or is the same ones? they all sound the same) grunts in response.