Secrets

I found this in my drafts and it literally sucks more than anything but here you go..I'm going to be busy with exams for the next couple of weeks and then I'm on my summer break so I might not update often! Anyways, enjoy.

The one thing that you hate more than anything in the world is sharing secrets. You hate when somebody finds out that you're hiding something -big or small - and pressure you until you confess.

And it's all because of that time in fifth grade.

You were playing truth or dare with a group of friends. You chose truth on your turn as your friends were ruthless when it came to dares. It was the safer option. Then, Abby asked you a question that you didn't want to answer. You weren't that close with the group, to be honest you were only here because Abby seemed to think that you were friends. You weren't comfortable with them knowing who you liked. 

You refused to answer but they pressured you for the whole day until you broke down and finally told them what they wanted to hear.

And what happened? Oh, exactly what you thought would happen. He found out and humiliation was your default emotion for the rest of the school year. Even after you stopped liking him, even for years after, people still teased you.

And this time it's the same... only worse. 

It all started one day when Addy decided to start a game of truth or dare. It was a sunny day and the two of you were on watch while the rest of the group went to raid a small store. Warren instructed you to keep watch and ordered 10k to follow instead of staying on watch with you. As the scorching sun shone down on you, Addy wanted to play the game out of boredom.

You agreed, figuring that it was harmless. There wasn't much to ask or do. 

'Truth or dare?' She said, grinning suspiciously.

'Truth. I don't want you to make me do anything crazy,' You joke.

Addy narrows her eyes, adjusting herself from crouching to a sitting position on the edge of the truck bed. She props her gun up against her knees and looks at you, thinking. Then she smiles.

'Okay. Do you like 10k?'

'Of course I do. He's kind, funny and one hell of a shot. Truth or Dare?'

Addy raises an eyebrow at your response, shaking her head while smirking. 'That's not what I meant, and you know it. I mean, do you like 10k.'

You look around nervously, regretting every single action in your life that had brought you to this moment. You wished that the Z's had eaten you long ago and that you were burning in hell. You think for a moment, wondering what to say to her.

Sure, 10k is kind and funny. But you don't like him just as a friend. The two of you have shared things that nobody else knows and you've comforted him when he woke up with nightmares. All you want is to be his and for him to kiss you and love him in that shy way that you know he will. 

'All you have to do is answer the question.'

You lick your lips nervously, wondering what to say. Sure, you would love to tell him exactly how you feel, you want to shout it from the rooftops so that every Z across the globe can hear. But you don't want to ruin the friendship between you two. You can't just avoid him and hope that you never see him in the hallways again, you have to be with him for the rest of your apocalyptic life.

'Hello? Answer me.'

Addy's waiting impatiently, with the smirk growing on her face. She already knows the answer but she just wants to hear you admit it and embarrass yourself. She's hoping that you'll say it so that she can set the two of you up and become the matchmaker that she dreams to be.

Z Nation - One Shots x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें