Part 19

I woke up in the dark and I couldn't see but I really needed water. I planted my feet on the ground and reached my arms out in front on me. my eyes
started adjusting and I saw the water bottles on the counter. "oh thank god." I whispered to my self, I heard shuffling in the corner and looked over to see Jeremy in the chair sleeping.
I got up as quietly as I could trying to keep the bed from squeaking which it did anyways, I grabbed a water bottle and chugged.
"June?" I heard Jeremy's sleepy voice whisper from the corner.
"Yeah?" I said turning toward him.
"What are you doing up, you should be resting."
"I was thirsty, you don't have to stay with me." I said just as I heard footsteps coming down the hall.
Jeremy stood up quickly, pressing his body up against mine, and put his index finger over my mouth telling me to shush.
The footsteps faded away, and Jeremy looked down at me, "I'm not supposed to be in here." He smiled, god he is cute.
I sat back onto the bed and looked up at him. "You don't have to stay you know."
"I know. but I wanted to." he smiled again. I tapped the place on the bed next to me smiling and he sat.
"Good boy." I said joking. he raised and eyebrow at me. And I just laughed, "I was worried I'd never hear that laugh again." he said staring at me.
Even in the dark I could see those amazing brown eyes. "Were we really together?" I asked blushing.
"Yeah we had a lot of fun too." He said smiling like he was remembering something. I wish I could remember so bad, I felt like something was missing in my head but I didn't know what.
I laid down and he did the same. "Tell me Jeremy."
For the next couple hours he told me stories of how we met how he asked to to go on your with him and his band how Josh didn't like the idea at first but he started warming up to me.
How he fought Thomas in the parking lot of a diner. How I got hit and he felt terrible that he didn't protect me. How right before I left he had told me he loves me.
I couldn't take it anymore, my heart hurt. I believed him but then I felt unsure because of the memories I was missing.
So when he called my name I pretended to be asleep because I new if he'd said anything else I would've fell apart. I could smell him, it was wonderful, and I felt safe.
He snugged up closer to me and almost instantly fell asleep, but before he did I heard him whisper, "I still love you my June bug."
I got butterflies because of the nickname and the use of the word 'my' before it. Then I fell into a deep sleep.
Headlights headlights all I see are headlights.
I jumped up in the bed breathing heavy with a pain in my ribs. I grunted a little.
"Woah take it easy, my love." Jeremy said jumping up from the chair. I looked at him tears in my eyes.
"Headlights, headlights, headlights." I started saying and rubbing my face. It stung as I ran my hand over cuts.
Jeremy sat on the bed and pulled me into a bear hug. "It's okay baby, it's fine your safe. I'm here, I'm here." he whispered into my ear as he rocked me back and forth.
I looked around realizing where I was and then hugged him so hard a sharp pain zipped across my ribs, but I didn't care.
I took in his scent. "sorry sorry." I started whispering.
"Hey," he pulled back and said quietly. " don't apologize, there's no reason for you to be apologizing." I nodded and then hugged him tightly again wincing at the pain in my lower chest.
There was a knock at the door then it opened. he looked at both of us and we pulled away. "Im just going to pretend I don't see you here, since I told you specifically when our visiting hours are."
He said looking at Jeremy, who smiled and sat in the chair quietly. "June you will be released as soon as you are ready to leave as all your tests indicate you are fine, besides the memory loss. But you have to promise me to take it easy."
I nodded smiling, happy I was leaving. He left the room. "Where is everyone?" I asked.
"There at the venue, we'll take a cab back to the bus so you can rest." he said standing up, smiling at me.
I got out of the bed bad made my way to the bathroom. Jesus Christ I look terrible. I had cuts on my face any eyes were a bit swollen but bloodshot red and my hair was a tangled mess.
I brushed my fingers through it and splashed water on my face, it burned. I walked out and saw Jeremy with my clothes in his hand standing by the door.
"Well isn't someone anxious to leave?" I said, he handed me my clothes and I took off the gown he covered his eyes.
"Oh okay." was all he said.
"Sorry, I just figured you've seen it already." I said trying to hurry up and change.
"Well I have, bits and pieces but we haven't really gone... gone like you know all the way." he said and I could she him blushing.
"Oh sorry, I'm- I'm done though." I said while pulling my shirt down.
"It's okay I just wasn't expecting that." he said as we walked through the door, I signed some papers at the front desk and then followed Jeremy outside.
We got in the taxi and told the cabbie where to go. "June I'm sorry that this happened." Jeremy said looking at me with his brown eyes.
"It's okay things happen." I whispered placing my hand on his.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We walked onto the bus and I was immediately hugged. "Best friend!" Neil said. "Ouch." I cringed and grabbed my side.
"Crap I'm sorry, I was just glad your back." He smiled.
"Thanks Neil." was all I managed to say. wait did he call me best friend?
After everyone said how glad they were to see me I went to the back of the bus and climbed into a random bunk. I heard Jeremy telling them what the doctor had said.
Then he walked back here. "Hey how'd you know which bunk was mine?" he asked.
I looked around. "I don't know I just walked in and it looked like the most comfortable." I said pulling the blanket over my head and immediately was consumed by his scent.
The blanket got pulled down a bit to where just my eyes were visible. Jeremy was standing next to me with a half smile.
"Stop it." I said.
"Stop what?"
"You look like you're pitying me." I said squinting.
"I am not pitying you. I wanted to see your eyes."
So naturally I shut them.
"Hey not fair!" he said sweetly. I opened my eyes again and he was staring at me straight faced.
"I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep from kissing you." he said taking my hand in his.
My face turned red, I felt it.
He kissed me on the forehead. "I have to go play a show soon, but I'll be back after okay?" I nodded.