Part 18

Jeremys POV~~~
"Jeremy wake up now!"
"W-what what do you want?" i stammered looking at my watch, it was a little past midnight.
"Amillias on the phone in the lounge and she said to come get you." Kevin said looking nervous.
I walked into the lounge and amillia was crying. "Holy shit whats going on?" i asked as kevin rushed to her side.
"That was the police, th- they said they called me because i was the last phone call she had made." she said between hiccups and sobs.
"What are you talking about?"
"we have to go to the hospital they took her there after the crash." she said still crying.
i shouldve know but i need her to tell me straight. i walked towards her and put a hand on each shoulder. "Amillia what are you talking about?"
she took deep breaths colleting her thoughts. "she didnt make it to the airport, there was a drunk driver and he veered into her lane, they said it was a head on collision."
i could feel my heart beat trough my body, and i wasnt sure if i was breathing. "We need to go now." i said snapping out of it. after deciding that everyone wanted to go we took the bus instead of a taxi.
we got there and got alot of stares for our form of transportation. Amillia and i were off the bus berfore it was in park. We got in and gave the nurse junes name, she took forever looking at some papers and then told us she was on the second floor in room 431. the elavator was slower than the nurse.
we finally got to her room just as a doctor was leaving i bumped into him. "You here for June?"
"Yes were family." Amillia said before i could.
"well first of all, its a miracle. She hasnt woken up yet but im sure she will in the next few hours, she has cuts and stitches and a few broken ribs, but im more concerend about the possible memory loss, now were not sure to what extent it is or even if there is any so were waiting on her to wake up.
"Can we see her?" i asked. "yes of course." i didnt say another word i opened the door. she was laying in the white room with white sheets, it smelled like a hospital except it was stale. her face with small cuts and bruises. i looked down and saw a giant cut running from her mid fore arm to her elbow. it was red, puffy and angry looking. my eyes started to sting. The door opened behind me, neil walked in and looked at her then me and looked at the floor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junes POV
Ugh my head, what happened? i was about to open my eyes when i heard voices. "like i said before sir we wont be sure until she wakes up, we only know with the speed they were both driving at she is likely to have a mild concusion. I rememebered headlights.
I finally opened my eyes to a white room people standing there, theyre blurry. all at once they came into focus. i looked around and they were all talking about me know. i looked to the person sitting in the chair next to me. "Amillia?" my voice was scratchy. "JUNE! holy crap shes awake." the doctor stared at me for a second and then left to apparently go get paper work. "June are you okay?" amillia asked. "My head hurts and im really thirsty." i said still scratchy. i looked around the room and saw familiar faces but i dont know from where, then as if a light bulb in my head went on i remembered. "Jeremy?" i asked. "Hey baby, i was so worried. im glad your awake." he said taking a step towards me and holding his hand out for me to hold. i flinched back a bit. he pulled away instantly, looking confused. "Amillia why is a day to remember in this room?"
"sweety you dont rememeber?" she asked in a soft voice.
"am i being punked?" i said looking around and neil laughed then got sharp looks from everyone else.
"no your not being punked, " she whispered looking back at me. "you really dont remeber them?"
"what exactly am i supposed to be remembering?"
"June whats the last thing you remember?" i looked at my hands in my lap and thought really hard.
"I remember asking Zach to cover me at the hospital, and then i remember headlights and then i remember nothing." i said looking around again and everyone was looking at the floor except jeremy. Jeremy was standing in the corner his hands in his pockets with tears running down his face staring at me.
the sight of it made my heart break, and i dont even know why. "im sorry, i- i cant remember."he wiped his face and walked over to me. "dont be sorry june its okay, its not your fault."amillia and the others left the room with sad glances.
jeremy sat in the chair previously occupied by amillia, tears again freely rolling down his face. "I dont know what im supposed to be remembering." i said and looked at him. He sighed. "june you and your cousin have been staying on our bus with us while we are on warped tour."
"it feels so weird not remembering."
"in a way i guess this is just like a really bad hangover right?"
i laughed and then grabbed my side and held my ribs. jeremy stood up. "crap im sorry i made you laugh."
"its okay." i said looking up at him, his face just inches from mine. The doctor walked in and asked jeremy to leave while we talked.
~~~~~~~~~~~
After a half hour the doctor walked out of the room and i was joined once again by the band and amillia.
I noticed that she and kevin were really comfortable around eachother. the flirty smiles and looks but then they kissed.
"Hold up! Wait just a second!" i yelled and everyone looked at me confused, "Amilia, you and kevin? what is happening?" she smiled, "i know were almost as cute as you and jeremy."
My stomach flipped. "what is she talking about?" i said turning to jeremy, he just scratched he back of his neck.
"Jeremy you seriously didn't tell her?!" Amillia shrieked.
"I didn't want her to feel like it was expected of her." he said still sitting next to me looking at the ground.
I looked away my face burning. me and Jeremy how? I can't believe this, he was my hero in middle and high school.
This seriously can't be happening. A butt load of emotions were running through me, shock, disbelief, fear, happiness?
I looked up again and everyone was staring at me I turned to Jeremy and he was to, that's when I realized I was crying.
Everyone except Jeremy left the room in silence. He was wearing black skinnies and a white shirt and a black leather hooded sweater. He place a hand on each side of my face and wiped my tears away with his thumbs.
"Please don't cry, I can't see you cry." he said with tears filling his eyes but not spilling over. I looked down at my hands.
"I'm sorry Jeremy McKinnon, I wish I could remember, I really do." I said tears still running down my face.
"Can I help you remember?" he asked in a shaky voice.
I looked up at him, and before I could say anything his lips were on mine. Soft, sweet and warm, I felt little pricks on my face from his beard.
He pulled away and looked at me expectantly. I turned over and faced the wall. I heard him get up and I reached out my hand, "please don't leave." he took my hand and sat back down.
I started crying silently again but I was shaking. Not remembering really freaked me out, especially when people are telling me things about myself that I don't even know.
"Have faith in me," he started singing in a soft voice, I turned over to face him, my face wet, eyes probably red and puffy, sniffling, and I smiled as he kept singing.
"Cause there are things that I've seen I don't believe. So cling to what you know and never let go,
You should know things aren't always what they seem."
Before I knew it I was asleep.
~~~~~~~~
Sorry it's short but I'll do another one soon loves, hope you enjoy and cry and get feels! tell me what you think!! xoxoxo