I'm a dancer, he's a skater boy, so how did this happen? Chap10

I do this a lot guys. I don't ever have time to really upload so I do when I can. Sorry. But it just works that way. i'm trying but since school started, and me having been in summer school it wasn't like I ever had the time. I hope you guys enjoy this...it's short I know...and i'll try to upload within the next week. ENJOY!

"Nathan you need to kick higher! You won't go anywhere if you don't! And feet need to be pointed...god I wish you would at least try harder. We'll go no where...and Abigail isn't even here yet. She's late! She's never late...boy that girl is in for some talking too when she gets here." Ms. Burns voice travelled down the hall as I made my way to the practice studio. I was dreading seeing Nathan after last night. 'the night that he tended to your cuts on your face, so carefully and gentley' my mind taunted me, and I suddenly felt the urge to bang my head against the wall to shut it up.

I feared walking into that room. I so did not want to face Nathan. It would make my day even worse, after the scene in my house, and after all that he said and did. My mind wandered to broken looking Zane, who had been lying on my couch, bloodied and bruised because of Nathan and his damn jealousy. This was something I couldn't look past, as much as I wanted to. Nathan had some major explaining to do, to me and an apology he was going to give Zane, as soon as I gave him a peace of my mind. Standing up straight, I marched into the dance room, in my sweats for practice days, and went straight up to Ms.Burns. "It's about time Abigail, I was getting sick with worry. What kept you?" I smiled lightly and gave a small shrug.

"Reporters, they had questions about the dinner party Friday night, and they wouldn't leave me alone until I answered them. Sorry." I tried to avoid looking in Nathan's direction as I spoke to Burns, but it was hard, seeing as he was standing right beside her. Ms.Burns nodded in understanding. "That's alright Abigail, lets just get to work. Your father said you needed to leave early tonight for a meeting with Matthew, so lets begin. Nathaniel take Abigails hand" I turned around, and stood beside Nathan as he reached out and clasped our hands together. His hand was warm in mine, and it was hard resisting the urge to stare into his eyes, the color I loved so much. Nathan's fingers curled into mine, so that our fingers intertwined, and I felt my heart jump in my chest. Why did he have to make it so hard for me to stay angry at him? And why did he make me so angry with him? If I didn't know any better I'd say he did it on purpose just to piss me off.

We went through our dance routine, Ms.Burns was making me teach Nathan the basic dances, before we could start him in ballet. So somehow we ended up doing the Samba, Ramba and were currently working the Salsa. I'll say it was pretty intense for me, to be staring into those burning eyes. The room was filled with passion and tension, and I wanted to just enclose myself into a safe shell, and stay there until Nathan finally would leave me alone. The dance ended, with Nathan bringing me into a deep dip, also known as the Tango swoop, so that I ended up pressed against his body, his eyes locked with mine. We stayed like that for a moment, until Burns started to clap, which made me come to reality. I moved away from Nathan and looked around, seeing myself in the surrounding mirrors looking sweaty, hot, and flushed from the hard dancing. "Alright. That was great guys. Who knew you actually could dance with such passion Nathan. I think dancing is in your blood. Must have gotten it from me, considering your father couldn't keep a beat to save his life." Nathan smiled, and then looked at me. "We need to talk." He mouthed, and I wanted to run. "Well Burns, I have to go...so see you Wednesday. Bye Nathan." I called, and the quickly I ran out of the studio to my car.

No one told me that Nathan was a great runner though, because he was right behind me, and when I unlocked my car, he slipped into the passenger side, the same time I went into my side. "Get out" I calmly said, as I put my car key in the ignition. Nathan stayed put. He only turned in my direction, his eyes staring at my face. My hands itched to brush back the hair, that was suddenly falling into his eyes, so I placed them on the steering wheel, wringing my hands around it a couple times, pressing my fingernails into its leather. "No" I whipped my head in his direction, when he spoke just that one word. "No? What do you mean no!"i snapped, fully turning my body in his direction. Nathan frowned and leaned back in the passanger seat, folding his hands behind his head. and stared out the windshield.

"I mean, No. I'm not getting out of the car until we talk. We need to talk, and we aren't putting this off any longer." I scoffed, and released the steering wheel in order to fold my arms across my chest. "We have nothing we could possibly want to talk about, so why don't you get out of my car, so that I can go home and resume my day." Nathan smirked, shook his head, and turned slightly towards me. "Abby, two minutes of your time, that's all I ask. Please?" Two minutes? I guess that was resonable enough, if I wanted to end up smashing my head against the window in frustration. "A minute and forty two seconds" I replied, and Nathan's smirk, disappeared, but none the less he started talking.

"Abby, what happened after the town hall dinner party was totally uncalled for. I was rude, and horrible to your boyfriend, I was just jealous I guess. And that week I was totally gone, I was having family problems, and had to leave town to deal with them. I'm really sorry about what I did, and I really hope that you forgive me, and that we can at least be friends." Nathan was sincere, and then out of breath, I breathed out too, for I had been holding my own in, without realizing it.

"Nathan I forgive you. And yeah, we can be friends. Oh, and I expect you to teach me how to do a half pipe, I want to learn to skateboard. Looks like fun." I smiled at him, and Nathan grinned and vigourously nodded.

"Of course! I'd love to teach you. That is..if little Princess can handle some scraped elbows and knees." Snorting, I shoved at his shoulder playfully, and he chuckled. In the midst of laughing, I remembered something. I completely stopped laughing, and Nathan took notice.

"What's wrong?"

"Melinda Parker." I spat venomously. Nathan shrugged, and folded his arms across his chest.

"What about her?" I raised and eyebrow, and gave him the 'are you kidding me' look.

"What!" he cried, and I frowned.

"Your dating her! Why!" Nathan groaned, and put his head in his hands.

"Abby, can we not talk about her right now? It's bad enough I have to go to dinner with her tonight." So Nathan didn't like her? I thought he said he was dating her! Why would he date someone he didn't like!

"Then why are you dating her?" I demanded, and he groaned again, and mumbled something I couldn't quite hear.

"Excuse me?" Nathan lifted his head and ground out, "My dad is forcing me to date her." Five silent seconds of awkwardness passed before I burst out in tears of laughter. Nathan growled, and clenched his fists.

"Abby!," he whined, "It isn't funny! It's torture...she's sooo annoying and I can't get rid of her." I allowed my laughing fit to cease before asking, "Why do you have to date her?"

"Her father owns the law firm my dad works for, and my dad will be fired if I don't date her. I hate it!" He cried, and I chuckled a little more, and Nathan glared at me. "Stop laughing, it's not like you deal with her twenty-four-seven."

"I actually kinda do. You know the meetings and everything each week. Fundraisers..all that crap." I pointed out, and Nathan sighed.

"I feel bad for us." he said, and I nodded

. "Me too." We stayed quiet for couple more minutes, and I stared out the window. Something caught my eye, a figure was darting in and out of my periphirals. And they were holding an object. I watched them, and the kept moving closer. Squinting, I saw what the object was. A camera! "Nathan, I think someone followed me here! Their spying on me!" I cried in distress. Nathan looked out and saw the person too. "I think it's...Melinda?"

ALRIGHT>>>You know the drill..comment, vote and add! Hope you liked the little make-up and be friends seen