I'm a dancer. he's a skater boy, so how did this happen? chp 5

Alright guys, I planned on this chapter being longer, but my teachers arre killing me with all this homework..so it'll have to make do for now! =)

Chapter 5

The hospital was chaos. Nathan and I sat in the waiting room, my legs resting on his knees, so that my ankle wasn't harmed further. I was on edge, because, everywhere I looked, people were being pulled in on gurneys, covered in blood, or screaming about their incoming of bringing a new child into the world. Nathan was holding my hands, and I'll admit, it felt nice, and pretty normal. I was really pleased of Nathan's efforts to make sure I was okay. Even though my sprained ankle was his fault, he seemed truly and deeply sorry, as he should be. Nathan casted a glance full of worry at me, as he pulled on his lip ring with his opposite hand. Wait, lip ring...I seriously just noticed that. I mean, sure I knew about his eyebrow piercing, and, uhh, nipple piercing but I've never seen him with a lip ring before.

"Is that new?" I asked, gesturing to his lip, and his eyes lit up. He nodded, "I'm surprised you noticed" he said, truthfully. "You really think I wouldn't notice something like that?" "It took you this long to figure it out today." I pouted, "Hey, I noticed it though, so suck on that skater boy." Nathan rolled his eyes, and then began to mindlessly play with my fingers, intertwining our hands. "Must you always call me that?" he complained, and it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Yes! Its only fair because you always call me princess." Nathan shrugged, "yeah but you don't seem to mind it, I on the other hand hate being labeled as the skater boy." True, I hated labels as well, but they didn't bother me as much, but now that I was thinking about being put in a category, I realized that I did mind it. "First of all Nathaniel," I dragged out his name in exaggeration, "I never said I didn't mind when you called me princess, in fact it annoys the hell out of me, and second at least your not labeled as a daddy's girl, or the spoiled ballet bitch."

Nathan smiled lightly. "I am also not a girl, so I can't be called a bitch, and I can't be a daddy's girl and I'm not rich." he pointed out. I smacked him on the shoulder. "Thats not what I'm hinting at, I'm simply saying, that your label as skater boy, is only because you love to skate board, so it's not a huge thing, unlike how people call me names, hurtful rude names. A bitch, Spoiled, daddy's girl, and the funny thing is that girls have called me a whore before, and I've never dated anyone, since last Friday night, and my first kiss..." I broke off blushing as I remembered that Nathan had been my first. Nathan noticed my hesitation, and he suddenly seemed to understand. He smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes. This made him laugh. "Princess, you roll your eyes too much, one day your going to roll them up, and they'll get stuck and never come back down." with my free hand, I punched him in the arm, and Nathan only grinned. "Your hit like a girl" he laughed, rubbing the arm that I hit. I growled playfully. "yeah, well then why does it hurt?"

"I never said girl punches don't hurt." he exclaimed, reaching out for my hands again. "Then why do guys always say they don't hurt." He shrugged, and stared at me. "Most guys are rude ass holes, and they lie a lot, just to make themselves feel stronger. Actually, most guys, after being hit by a girl, are actually crying inside." Really? Interesting... "Aww, Nate did I make you cry? I'm so sorry about that." I said in a baby voice, and then began to laugh at Nathan's glare. "Your going down Princess." he threatened, and I only swatted at his hands. "yeah yeah...so you say, but who's the one with the blackmail?" Nathan cocked his head at me. "uhh, you are?" he answered hesitantly, not so sure of his answer. I smirked, and nodded. "Thats right, the picture of you in your cute wittle outfit..." I mocked, grabbing his cheek and pinching it.

"And then theres the fact that you also injured me, so if anything, my debt has been paid, and now your the one who owes me." Nathan frowned, and tried to give me the silent treatment. That lasted for a few seconds, until he burst out, "I'm sorry princess!" I laughed at him, and then raised my eyebrow. Just as I was about to speak, the nurse came out, with a wheel chair, and Nathan helped put me in it. "Wait out here for your girlfriend sir." the nurse said, and I felt my cheeks burn. "Oh he's not my boy..." Nathan cut in, staring hard at me, with deep intensity, as he spoke. "Yes ma'am I'll do just that, wait for my girlfriend." I burned even brighter at his words. The nurse nodded curtly, and wheeled me away, back to a patient room. She helped me hop over to the bed, and get up, to wait until the doctor came in.

Five minutes later did he come. Dr. Jones, my health physician. He took one look at me and smiled. Dr. Jones was about twenty four years old, he had graduated high school early, and easily got his degree, skipping classes from all the knowledge, but I knew it ran in the family. His whole heritage came from a line of doctors and surgeons. "So, what happened here?" he gestured to my injured ankle, and I explained that I simply fell, while landing when of the lifts. Dr. Jones nodded, wrote down the stuff down on his clip board, and took x-ray pictures of my ankle. I was in that room for a total of an hour before he gave me a response. "Well Abby, looks like your leg won't heel for about a month, you'll get crutches, and I'll send out a doctors note to all your teachers, that you can be late to class, I recommend you get someone to help you get to your classes, and take it easy next time alright?" I nodded tears beginning to form in my eyes. Normally I wouldn't cry, but all this meant that I wouldn't be able to dance, or be in cheerleading anymore. Dr. Jones put a cast on me, and gave me crutches, and I left the room another half hour later.

Nathan was waiting for me in the waiting room, and I couldn't help but get angry. This was all his fault. Him and his stupid anger, he did this to me. He was the reason why my career was going down the drain. He was the reason why I wouldn't be able to cheer anymore! And what about my date with Zane, I was going to look hideous because of this leg cast. But my anger disappeared, when Nathan came over to me, and kissed me lightly on the cheek. "Come on lets get you home, and you can tell me all about it on the way there." I looked up at Nathan, and gave a small smile. "Sure, and you can stay for dinner." I added, watching Nathan's reaction. A smile spread wide on his lips and he nodded.

The car ride was okay, I told Nathan about what the doctor had said. At one point, while at a red light, Nathan pulled out a blue pen from the glove box, and signed my cast, when I looked at him questioningly, he grinned. "Just signing what belongs to me...letting everyone know that this is my work of art." I rolled my eyes, and then stared out the window, as the trees passed by. When we pulled up to my house, I looked over at Nathan, and he frowned, as he was staring at his phone screen, a text glinting up at him. "hey, Princess, I'm going to have to take a rain check on that dinner, mom wants me to be home for something. But I'll text you alright?" He looked over at me, and I nodded in understanding. Nathan helped me out of the car and into my house. Before he left, he leaned down, and gave me a long sweet kiss on my lips, and I almost melted from the heat of it. Reluctantly, he pulled away, looked at me for a moment, before turning around and leaving the house. I watched out the door window, as he pulled off, and waited until he was out of sight, to go upstairs.

COMMENT VOTE ADD! Tell me what you think...!