64: N e v e r G i v e U p

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: A bitter battle erupts between the Trikru and Skikru clans

[PREVIOUSLY: A bitter battle erupts between the Trikru and Skikru clans. The Skikru gunners are pushed back and Octavia is wounded in the process of saving her brother's life. While he tries to get his sister to safety, Bellamy tells Clarke to get everyone inside and blow the rockets]!

THUD.

The noise of the drop-ship door shutting reverberated throughout the dark forest.

Letting out a shaky gasp, I leaned back against the tree-trunk behind me and closed my eyes. Wiping at the stray tears that were still lingering on my cheeks, I queried, "So, what do we do now, Bell?"

Bellamy opened his mouth to reply when his gaze abruptly diverted from my face. Gazing over my shoulder towards camp, he stiffened in shock as he breathed, "Oh no. Oh no."

"W-what? What is it?" I swivelled around and followed his line-of-sight. Then, my eyes widened in shock and my hand flew to my mouth. "Oh my god!"

The drop-ship door was fastened shut but, just within the walls, was the clear outlines of two figures who hadn't been lucky enough to get inside ...

"T-that's Finn! Bellamy, one of them's Finn!" I cried out as I seized my brother's arm.

"Yeah, and the other one's Bryce," Bellamy replied grimly.

"What?" I gasped. "Oh no. Oh no. Bell, we have to do something! We can't let them die!"

"What do you expect me to do, O?" Bellamy snapped as he turned on me. "I'm not leaving you here alone. You're injured and you're unarmed. Finn can take care of himself, trust me."

Tears blurred my vision as I turned my attention back towards the gruesome scene. The grounders had almost broken through the camp walls. Ferocious battle cries and the distinct sound of clattering armour ripped through the air as the situation began to rapidly escalate.

"Oh god," I buried my face in my knees, my shoulders shaking with suppressed sobs. Finn and Bryce were going to be killed by the grounders and neither me nor Bellamy could do a thing about it!

"O, O, look!" the wonder and excitement in my brother's tone was enough to gain my attention.

"What?"

All Bellamy did was point towards the sky.

Furrowing my brow in surprise, I tilted my head back and gazed up towards the night-time canvas, dotted with stars.