28: W e L i v e o r W e D i e

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia takes her stand against Clarke and Bellamy when she realises that she is wavering in her loyalty to her people

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia takes her stand against Clarke and Bellamy when she realises that she is wavering in her loyalty to her people. In the meanwhile, Finn, Harper, Monty, and Bryce trek out into grounder-ridden territory. Finn is knifed by a poisonous blade and now Clarke needs her mother's help to extract it].

BANG. BANG. BANG.

"Raven? Let me up! Hurry! It's urgent!"

I desperately smashed at the trap door leading to the upper level of the drop-ship. Tears burned the back of my eyes and blurred my vision. The panic that was racing through my body left a fazed fog of my mind.

All I knew for sure was that I needed to talk to Raven ... straight away!

A muffled noise occurred from the other end of the closed door. Something scraped sharply against the upstairs floor, then the sound of a bolt being slid from a lock reached my ears.

CREAK.

The trap door was pulled open and Raven's head appeared in the opening. "What?" she demanded, annoyed. "It can't be that important!"

"Have you fixed the radio yet?" I countered quickly.

Raven huffed, rolled her eyes and moved as if to slam the door shut in my face. However, before she could do so, I stretched my muscles and heaved myself up through the opening and onto the upstairs floor.

Raven's eyes widened when she saw how fast I had reacted. "W-what's really going on?" she asked, her words laced with suspicion.

"It's Finn," I whispered, ducking my head so I wouldn't have to look her in the eye. "He - he's been hurt ... by a grounder."

A loud cry burst from Raven's lips as she strode over to me and grabbed my shoulders. "What happened?" she yelled. "Is he okay? Is the injury bad? Come on, TELL ME!"

I lifted my hands and placed them over Raven's. "Raven," I said gently. "It's bad. He was stabbed in the chest with a knife; it's been poisoned. Clarke doesn't know how to extract it without doing damage to his inside organs. He could internally bleed to death if she doesn't do it right. That's why she needs help."

"Help? From who?"

"Abigail Griffin," I responded with a dead-calm.

"A-are you serious?" Raven gaped at me. "Abby's on the Ark. I - I'm not even close to fixing the radio yet, how could you possibly expect me to ..."

I quickly cut her off. "Raven, we're running out of time. Clarke says that if she doesn't take out the knife in the next hour, Finn will be dead. C'mon, Raven, think! Is there anything else besides the radio that we could use to contact the Ark? Anything at all?"