18: G o o d b y e

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia, Finn and Raven discover that it was Bellamy who stole the radio from the pod

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia, Finn and Raven discover that it was Bellamy who stole the radio from the pod. Then, Raven reveals the secret that Bellamy's being trying so hard to hide: he shot Chancellor Jaha. Now the gang needs to find the radio in order to save the lives of three hundred people up in the Ark].

"It's no use!" Raven cried out in frustration as she slapped her hands against her knees. "We've been searching for hours. The radio's gone."

I straightened up from my stooped position along the banks of the foaming river and sighed. It was true. The radio that Bellamy had thrown into the raging waters would've been carried kilometres downstream by now. It was well and truly gone.

I had been right. When Clarke found out what all the commotion was about, she hurled all her anger at Bellamy. They had a massive fight in front of everyone before stalking off in opposite directions. Finn and I took charge after that and told everyone how important it was that we retrieve the radio.

Of course some people, like Murphy and his cohorts, refused to comply. They thought that everyone up in the Ark deserved to suffocate. But others, like Zoe and Monty, were won over by the fact that some of their own families could be the victims.

Raven, Finn, Bellamy, Clarke and I returned to the river with at least a couple dozen people. We scrounged around everywhere, in the water, along the footpaths, across the riverbanks, but we found nothing.

I sighed again and stretched my tired arms as I looked out upon everyone else, working together in a desperate effort to save their people.

"Hey," a rough, calloused hand was placed on my shoulder and my body was turned around to face the speaker. Finn.

"H-hi," I nodded at him in response as I prepared to walk away.

"Wait," Finn's grip on my arm stopped me. "I - I'm sorry. I should've told you about Raven."

"Can we not talk about this now?" I shrugged him off, averting his gaze.

"I didn't think I'd see her again ... Princess."

My head snapped up and I stared at him, somewhat confused, somewhat upset, and somewhat angry. "Yeah, well you wouldn't take off your wristband."

Finn looked taken aback. "Y-you haven't either."

"Not yet," I corrected him. "The fact is, you had hope ... you had hope that you'd see her again. And it's okay, I get it. I was around, I was passive and cute. But now? It's over."

Finn's face was an expression of hurt and disappointment. He licked his lips ands shook his head as he backed away.

Before he could rebuff me, however, a loud cry rose up from nearby, "Hey! I found it!"