16: R a v e n

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia set out after the crashed drop-ship, determined to seek help for the others on the ground via communication to the Ark

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia set out after the crashed drop-ship, determined to seek help for the others on the ground via communication to the Ark. The pair split up, but when Finn uncovers the missile, Octavia stumbles upon him and another girl kissing].

"F-Finn?" I stuttered. "W-what are you doing ...?"

Finn, upon hearing my voice, immediately broke away from the girl and stared at me in shock. "O-Octavia! I - I didn't realise you - uh - well, I didn't think you'd find us so quickly, uh ..." he reached up and scratched the back of his head.

It was as if a cold hand with icy fingers had gripped my heart. I was frozen in place, utterly unable to move a limb. My eyes and mouth were wide with shock and my head was pounding with dozens of unanswered questions.

"Who is she?" the girl suddenly spoke up, eyeing me curiously.

"Oh, uh, t-that's Octavia," Finn motioned to me.

"Wait, as in Octavia Blake?" the girl held up a hand and stepped forward. "You're the girl they found under the floor, right?"

"Um, Raven, she - she's a bit sensitive about that," Finn nudged her gently in the side.

"Oh, sorry," the girl grinned. "I didn't mean to pry. The name's Raven, by the way, Raven Reyes."

I glanced from her to the drop-ship nearby. "H-how did you get here?" I stammered.

Raven smirked as she looked lovingly up into Finn's eyes. She wrapped both her arms around his waist as she answered me, "There's a scrap-hold in the Ark."

"Wait. You built that from scrap?" Finn gaped at her.

"I kinda rebuilt it," Raven shrugged carelessly. "Please, like that's hard. It just needed a couple parts and some love."

"You're insane," Finn shook his head, clearly impressed.

"I'd do more for you and worse," Raven whispered as she trailed a hand down his chest. "Just like you would for me."

A lump rose up in my throat as I watched them. It was obvious that they had known each other before now. It was also possible that they were dating before Finn was sent to the ground. Neither of those theories were too far-fetched.

I bit my lip and looked away from them as I slowly lifted myself to my feet.

The fact that Finn and I were just meant to be; it was just a dream that I'd entertained in my heart. Now it was gone.