14: S h o o t i n g S t a r

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia share a moment

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia share a moment. A tragedy strikes, leaving Bellamy's right-hand-man, Atom, near-on-dead. The Blake siblings' relationship spirals downhill; ending with Octavia's disownment of her brother].

Night had fallen on the eve of our third day on the ground. Our patrol guards were out, guarding the base of the camp. Everyone else was either snuggled up asleep in their tents or doing a certain activity with another member of the Ark.

It was Monty and Bryce's turn to look after Jasper, who's immune system seemed to be having a hard time fighting the infection in his body. However, since Atom made an appearance to the medical suite, Clarke decided to stay up with the boys, in case things turned sour during the night.

Bellamy was sound asleep, probably with a girl hanging off either arm. He had not a single worry in the world. The guilt that should've been on his mind was non-existent. He hadn't spoken a single word to me since I disowned him, and I was making sure to avoid him at all costs.

At that moment, the only person who could truly sympathise with and comfort me was Finn.

I shared a tent with Charlotte and another girl called Zoe Monroe. But that night? I wasn't in a very good frame of mind. So, I had slipped out of my bed, unnoticed. I went into Finn's tent and snuggled up with him under the covers.

My head was on his chest and his chin was resting on top of my hair. He had his arms wrapped around me and I had my legs tangled up with his.

"What are you thinking about, Princess?" Finn whispered softly as he pressed a light kiss to the top of my head.

"How happy I am to be here with you," I mumbled sleepily in response.

"Anything else on your mind?"

I slowly opened my eyes and shifted my body so I was looking up at him. "You know what I'm worried about, Spacewalker," I sighed. "My brother's a tyrant and I can't do anything to make him see otherwise."

Finn bit his lip and nodded. "I know, Princess, I know," he comforted me, running his fingers through my thick dark hair. "Let's just hope that he'll get himself together soon otherwise we're gonna be stuck here with no food, no water, and no supplies; surrounded by a bunch of angry grounders."

"It's not ideal."

"Not at all."

"Don't worry your pretty head about it, Spacewalker. He's my brother. I'll take care of him. Get some sleep."

Finn smiled and leaned forward to give me a quick kiss before settling back against his pillow. With a deep sigh of contentment, I lowered my head back down onto his chest and slipped an arm around him.