34: T h e G i r l U n d e r t h e F l o o r

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia, Lincoln and Aidan travel to TonDC

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia, Lincoln and Aidan travel to TonDC. Upon their arrival, Octavia is recognised as one of the enemy. Indra orders for her to be bound up and taken before the commander].

It didn't matter how hard I struggled or how loud I protested, I didn't have a chance against those grounders.

My sword was forcibly removed from my side and I was pushed and shoved as I was searched for any further weapons. Once the grounders were satisfied, they threw me to my knees and held a knife to my neck as my arms were forced behind my back. Thick, scratchy rope was bound around my wrists and dug sharply into my skin, exposing red, raw flesh. A dirty gag was tied around my mouth and my throat shrivelled up into a dry, cracked mess as it brushed the rough material.

As I was dragged to my feet, I cast a sideways glance towards Aidan and Lincoln, who were in deep conversation with the dark-skinned warrior known as Indra. Their backs were turned to me and their demeanours represented ones of careless boredom. They didn't even try and stop what was happening to me.

They had stabbed me in the back.

"Indra, em ogud," called out one of the grounders holding me down.

Indra cast a quick glance in my direction and scowled, "Ban we em Heda."

I was shoved roughly forward and forced to fall in line behind a huge, burly grounder ... one that was even bigger than Lincoln. The sharp tip of a newly-polished sword was pressed against my back, making me comply with the demands set before me. I knew that if I refused to do as I was told, I would be killed on the spot, no doubt about it.

Well, I'm not dying today, I vowed to myself. I'm a Blake. We don't give up.

I was taken through a high, ivory arch leading into a large and majestically decorated room. A big, scarlet-cushioned throne was in the centre of the huge, airy space. Upon the throne sat a robed and war-painted woman, a thick leather band around her head and a deadly look in her dark flashing eyes. There must've been at least a dozen warriors encompassing her on every side.

I was forced down on my knees before her.

"Bak op gon we," the woman spoke to the men holding me down.

Reluctantly, they released me and stepped aside.

Gasping for air, I glanced up towards the woman, watching as she stood up and approached me.

I tried to back away from her but I was stopped in my tracks when I felt the hard point of a spear digging into my neck.

"I should kill her now, Heda," the thick, stoic voice of Indra bounced around the room. "No doubt she is a spy sent by Skikru."