Part 30

And whosoever breaketh the hedge,
The serpent will bite
Eccl 10:8

Wait for the rest.

    The Spirit's voice spoke silently  to him for the fourth time.

Pastor Jacob had been waiting patiently for backup for the last twenty five minutes.

What was causing the prayer band's delay. They should have arrived by now thought the old man to himself.

His very nature was to help and the woman's urgent call was apparent on the phone,..but something was holding him back from approaching the small building in front of him.

The bungalow was made of red brick, with a huge garden arrayed with potted plants and two large trees.

The woman's home wasn't even far from Mama Sai's. Barely fifteen minutes from there. So how could Amari and the rest be running late.

  Maybe he would ring the front bell and see what was going on inside .

                                                             ******

        Yuri and Celeb were not pleased with their charge's decision to approach without the prayer band.

      They both knew who was on the other side of that door. Lilith

The she-devil was a handful. If their charge wasn't careful, he could fall. The battle was more of the flesh than anything else. If he succumbed to her wiles, the edge of fire around him would be broken and the angels would be unable to help him.

One slight mistake, and the balance could tilt to the enemy's favor.

    The angels knew If Lilith succeeded in luring the old man, she would go for the kill immediately.

    And once that happened, all focus...all attention, would be diverted to his murder. The grief would definitely cause a painful blow on Amari,causing her to be out of action for some days.
And days, they didn't have. The enemy was already at their doorstep.

And of course, the distraction would give Ethjab enough time to wrap his greedy claws  around the boy again.

                                                                            ******
It only took one ring on the small door bell for  Lilith to answer it. It was almost as if she was waiting behind it .

As the door opened wide, and a female figure stepped out. Pastor Jacob beheld the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his whole life.

He was transfixed to the spot with his mouth agape.

The woman must have been in her middle forties. Skin, a light brown caramel and as smooth and spotless as a newborn's.

    She was breathtaking.

Papa J could not take his eyes off her shapely figure. And without warning, he began to feel an urgent need in his loins.

        No! impossible!. Joyce was and would forever be, his one and only. What was going on here. What kind of strange unearthly woman was this.

Lilith noticed the man's full attention on her physical appearance.

Step one accomplished .