Part 29

Lilith knew what to do. Her master's instructions were simple enough and she had never failed him before.

Pathop only used her for difficult assignments, but she wondered what was so difficult about this one .

     Her assignment was old_yes, but not dead in his loins. However, he was a Christian and their kind could sometimes be a handful.

However Lilith had ..her ways .

The old man wouldn't be the first Pastor, nor the last to enter into her sticky web.

Chuckling to herself, Lilith remembered her last assignment in the South of Sweden. It had taken her only two weeks to ensnare Reverend Erik Lars .

After all his strong will and end time preachings, in the end, his lustful eyes set the wheels in motion for her to move into position. She had been patient, acting like a new convert in his church and playfully enticing him with sweet kind words during counseling hours in his church office .

In the end, dear holy Reverend had purred like a baby by the time she had finished with him in room 601, at the Merry Cal hotel.

What a pity she had to eliminate him afterwards. The Reverend had kind of grown on her, but her assignments were strictly ..catch and kill .

His mangled body was discovered the next day, head almost torn off at the neck.

The whole city had gone berserk . Their zealous preacher, naked and dead in an hotel room.

Before Lilith left the vicinity days later, many had already forsaken the Word. Backsliders were common after such incidents. Those who were never truly rooted in Christ_never carried their cross to follow HIM, but looked up to preachers and prophets instead of the Nazarene.

     Definitely, this one couldn't be any different from the thousands she had twisted and lured away from their visions and dreams of doing GOD's work.

Now the stage was set once more. Everything was in place.

Simple Furnitures had been placed around the three bedroom apartment in strategic areas to prevent easy escape. The lights had been slightly dimmed to create a relaxed ambiance for her unsuspecting guest.

In completion, Lilith had transformed herself into a beautiful middle aged woman, dressed in a well covered kaftan. But underneath that, a transparent red nightgown .

  Glancing at herself in the bedroom mirror and satisfied with what she saw, she knew it was time to set her plan in motion. There was no time to waste in this African town.

To her, the old preacher was as good as dead.

                                                               *********

Zebu stared intently at the sleeping woman sitting across from the side of the bed. She looked very familiar...like someone he had seen around town occasionally.

    But what was she doing here..in this bedroom where he slept.

    She was groaning in her sleep now_her lips, silently moving .

    He could even make out the words .Jesus.

Suddenly her eyes flew open, searching all around her,then finally resting on the boy.

For almost a minute, they silently stared at each other.

Doris finally broke eye contact and stood up. She gently pulled the door open and called out into the corridor to Solomon.
The farmer immediately rose from among his companions and made his way towards her voice.