Part 23

Solomon was almost at Papa J's house. In his hand was a small box with an engagement ring in it.
He was in love. There was no other way to put it. Though they had only known each other for a short while, Solomon knew She was meant to complete him, and he was not letting Bianca go back without letting her know how he felt.

He had discussed his plans with her sister, and Lydia had given her blessings, ..but it was now left to Bianca.

Would she accept him or not. That was the question.

As Solomon packed his truck in front of the old community church, he could actually hear his heart beating in his ears.
He glanced up at the rear-view mirror and patted his dreadlocks down. He had just gone in for a nice grooming at the barber's.

   This was it. Whether she rejected his ring or not, one way or the other, he would never be the same again. A happy groom to be or a sad and hopeless case for a long time to come.
Now to sum up the courage of leaving the truck and carrying out his proposal in front of everyone at the house.
'Hmmm', or maybe he would take her out for dinner at Le'Mango and propose in the private garden there. '

Yes of course'! .

Solo my boy!, you haven't lost your touch, he smirked to himself as he checked his reflection in the mirror once again.
Solomon finally got out of the truck and made his way towards Pastor Jacob's bungalow. 

     As he stepped unto the old man's veranda, he heard a lady's voice. It sounded so familiar.
  Solomon crept silently to the side window of the left wing of the bungalow. He knew every inch of the house he grew up in. He remembered how he and the others children would ease drop everything being said in the sitting room from this particular window without casting a suspicious shadow because of the thick bushy edges growing on the fence across from it.

As he peeped in, he saw the women, David and Papa J, sitting and listening attentively to a woman who looked so familiar to him. There was another man sitting next to her, probably her husband.

Solomon tried to get a closer look at the speaker's face, but the light in the sitting room was too dim to make it out .
But that voice,..he knew that voice from way-back, _ but where ?.
                                                               ========

Jerub and two other angels were now in the company of Arimel. The angels had found a small cave for the lad to sleep in. It was right at the bottom of Kuna. Sheep herders used it as a stop over to rest and water their livestock when ever they passed under the mountain.

Zebu had collapsed at the bottom of the mountain. He had been descending for hours and was too exhausted to continue across the grassy part towards town. He removed Lila from his back, hugging the sleeping child in his arms as he  himself dozed off.

Arimel and Jerub had carried both humans to the small and well hidden cave. Away from wild animals and the elements. But mostly, away from Saluu's hawk eyes .

The two sentinels, stood guard around the cave's perimeter. Unseen by both human and spirits.

The bird of prey still swooped around the mountain, hopefully looking for any trace of the boy.
With it were low ranking evil spirits, roused up by the angelic scent Arimel left behind when he entered into their territory. They darkened the skies above with their bat-like wings , shrieking at each other in frustration.

However, the shield around the angels was waning .The boy needed to pray or better still, praise. His short prayer had set in motion his rescue in the spirit realm.