Part 31

HIS Lily...
Once beautiful. Once innocent.
                    ..Once pure.

The prayer band were startled but not afraid. They had encountered so many of these strange beings, ..and a half snake half woman, wasn't going have them running for the hills.

Without a word, Amari nodded and they all formed a circle, the Pastor taking cue, and began to lift their voices in praise worship to the FATHER .

Lilith laughed . She couldn't believe it. Mere Humans.. totally ignoring her presence, as if she didn't exist.

      Then the demon froze.

      No, ..not that horrible annoying music that flowed from their lips..No!

" No!..nooo, stop it, .. you here me!" screamed the demon, her wrinkled hands raised over her ears, eyes tightly shut, as if invisible needles were being pushed into her eardrums.

But the prayer group only sang louder. No one was moved by the unearthly screams that filled the room behind them.

   Suddenly, Lilith dropped to the floor, exhausted. Her reptilian frame, flat on the soft carpet, as if held there by an invisible force.

She glared furiously at the band. Her mouth frothed with venom and spittle at the corners. She knew she had been bound, trapped by their worship to 'FATHER'.

     The FATHER. Whom she once adored and worshipped

In her weakness, she once again allowed herself to remember 'Home'.

She had been created specially to give glory to the FATHER through the playing of heavenly musical instruments. PAPA had named her Lily,because HE said she was beautiful, innocent and pure in his eyes.
Her favorite instrument had been the shoulder drums , which, nowadays, the africans referred to as the talking drum.

Many humans didn't know that most of the things they created first existed above and were given as inspiration by GOD to men. Even the skyscrapers and cars they drove around, long existed in heaven. And a million things and ideas they would never be able to wrap their minds around except the FATHER allowed it .

Home. No. Heaven, ..was indescribable . Lilith in all her existence, had not even explored half of the Northern sphere, which was the City of the King, before she and the rest had been evicted.

It was all Lucifer's fault.

  He had lead Pathos, her brilliant choir leader astray. And he in turn, ..the rest of the angels placed under him.
Lucifer had painted a picture of a glorious paradise, ruled by the Morning Star himself...as if the one they all lived in could be matched.

Many had rejected the very idea of going against their Creator. But some..like herself, had with time, accepted the very thought of reigning alongside the beautiful Archangel.

But immediately she had given her consent, she knew she had doomed herself. Something became missing in her that could not be explained.

Then the war began, and they had suffered many casualties, were finally subdued and thrown out of the gates of heaven.

But none had expected what would happened next.

Lilith still remembered the piercing screams that erupted from among the outcasts as a new name was written in fire across their forehead, causing an excruciating pain that made all fall to their knees at the same time.

Their golden crowns...taken from their heads by a mighty hand and broken to pieces right in front of their eyes.

Even their warring breast plates turned to ashes and in it's place, ..black hideous scales sprouted from within their beings and covered their chests.