Part 14

The race is not to the swift
    nor the battle to the strong
     Eccl 9:11

At lightning speed, more spirits arrived in Orith Abyss. It was a celestial place, untouched  and sacred from human interference. Though the Abyss was in darkness, all spirits saw clearly through their spiritual eyes.

Scientists called places like this, black holes . They viewed it through their satellites and powerful telescopes, but dared not come close to it.

By nightfall, most supporters from both sides had arrived.Evil spirits and demons eagerly waited for the show down between the two princes to begin.

The Oritha Arena Ring,where the fights took place, was located in the very center of the Abyss.It was an exact replica of old Roman Arenas , were gladiators fought to the death.

The Oritha was surrounded by an electric field . It cracked out with electric currents when any spirit drew too close during the fight. It prevented anyone or anything, from interfering or gaining access into the ring.

Most supporters from both sides had lined up around the ring, forming a grand circle . They eagerly waited for the show down between the two Princes. It was a fight to the end. Either a winner emerged or one of them forfeited.

The two Princes faced each other in the middle of the ring, each one sizing the other up.
Whoever fought in the Oritha Arena must appear in their true form. Shape shifting was strictly forbidden, insuring that no contender took advantage of the craft.

To the spectators, Humrak was bigger, stronger and more agile than the old prince.
Humrak was vast in the knowledge of the martial arts, he wore his armor around  his wrist and on his back, they were razor sharp at the edges, used to cut and slice his victims as he stealthy moved around them during battle.

However, his ram-like horns did most of the damage. They were his sure defense. He trusted in their strength.
Those he had fought with could testify to the horrible scars Humrak's horns always left behind, ...even Ethjab.

The two had once had a brawl and had done serious damage to each other. Though one of the eight had separated them, the two demons had left indelible scars on each other.
Ethjab's left arm bore the marks.
Five moons had passed before the healing process had been complete, and Ethjab had  never forgotten or let his guard down around Humrak again.

Humrak's white hair floated above his head like flames of fire, his eyes, as reddish black as hot coal. His whole armor was pure gold and weighed twice his size, but he carried it on his frame with such ease. He was truly a monster of a demon.

But most of the hideous spirits had their bulging eyes on Ethjab, ..the old prince was too calm.
With his eyes downcast, he ignored the loud obnoxious crowd around him. It was as if he were made of stone, neither moving or saying a word .

The tip of his sharp thick horns shone brightly against the sliver of light that snuck into the abyss. His massive frame, as white as snow.
Ethjab's black wings bore sharp tipped spikes that shot tiny daggers out during battle to impale his opponent.
But his main weapons were his wits, and his massive sword,..It was the weight of five swords, all in one.

Celeb and the other sentinels sent by Jerub, also observed the former prince's nonchalant attitude towards the fight about to unfold. His calmness was unnerving, even to his opponent who kept baggering him with filthy and obscene words.

Gathel Beinion, a Solar angel was elected umpire . All umpires had to be superior in rank to the contenders. Ensuring no one cheated or broke any of the Oritha laws in the Arena.