Part 19

Doris was lost in her thoughts as her husband drove her to Church . Fred had informed her of their appointment with the Senior Pastor at twelve noon.

She didn't know what Husband was expecting her to say there, but she also didn't want him to feel bad.
Pastor Jacob knew of her past but not its details. If the truth were to get out there,what would everyone think of her. Only her husband knew of her secrets .

God had given her such a wonderful man, despite all of her short comings. When Fred had proposed to her many years ago, she thought he was joking, ..her!, a prostitute. And somehow, it had all worked out. Even his family adored and dotted on her.
But Doris made sure to tell him of her past before marrying him, ..she owed him that much.
Her friends at the motel were she worked had told her how risky it was to tell Fred, but she would have it no other way. The man was too good and kind for her to hurt.

After she had told him, Fred surprisingly, professed his undying love for her even more, crying with her as she exposed her past to him.

Doris knew she didn't deserve this man. She glanced over to her side and smiled at him, ..and here he was,..her knight in shining armor.

Fred parked the car beside the Church and walked to the passenger side to open the door for his wife. He led her quietly to Pastor Jacob's office were the meeting was to take place. Winifred, Pastor Jacob's secretary told them to take their sits in his office, while she informed him of their arrival.
Doris' palms were sweating. She was so nervous as she felt her husband's eyes on her . Fred kept looking her way as if she was about to make a run for it . And she was.

"Sweetheart, I need to use the ladies" Doris said, as she hurriedly stood up from her chair, "just give me a few minutes". And before her husband could say anything, she was out the door.
Winifred led Doris down a small corridor to a very neat restroom. As she locked the door behind her, Doris went straight to the oval mirror by the sink area and started talking to her reflection.
What are you going to do Doris? Your secret is about to be exposed to someone else.You don't even know if Pastor can keep it to himself . What if..

" You are going to tell them nothing !" said a low voice

Doris swung around but saw no one. Was she hearing voices now. She looked back into the mirror and that's when she saw it.
A shadowy face, cloaked in a velvety blue fabric started to emerge from the mirror, right before her eyes.
The shadow took the form of a beautiful middle age woman. She threw back her cloak revealing jet black hair, covered in cowry and shiny shells .

" Omiwa!" Doris screamed, " what are you doing here ?!".

"Ohhh..So you dare to call me by name now, and not goddess," Omiwa retorted. I should have killled you since the day you left us, but the FATHER has not allowed you to be touched" Omiwa continued, moving around Doris and sizing her up.
" Anyway" Omiwa said, ..reaching out and touching Doris' checkbone as the other slapped her former deity's hand away, "I am not here to chit- chat, .. I am just here to warn you this first and last time, ...not to say anything to that Pastor, or anyone for that matter"

"But why" said Doris, suddenly feeling confident , "I don't even serve you anymore, i have accepted Christ into.."

" Shut up!" Omiwa shouted, " you dare say that name to me, Doris?, ..you who hated Christians and their ways". Omiwa laughed, grabbing Doris' left hand and turning her hand upward.

The Sa'Omiwa tattoo was still faintly visible on the thin skin of her wrist. Doris quickly pulled her hand away and shouted a bible verse at the water goddess.