Part 18

Lydia and Solomon sat opposite each other on the the old couches in Pastor Jacob's parlor. Lydia noticed the farmer fidgeting with his sore neck. He was nervous but she had to bring up the subject before it got out of hand . She had to know Solomon's true intentions towards her younger sister.

Unknown to many,Bianca had almost been raped by their maternal uncle who lived with them, when she was barely nine years old.

Luckily, their father had walked in as the act was about to take place,..nearly strangling their mother's junior brother , if it hadn't been for their neighbors .

Uncle Muri had been sent packing immediately but the ordeal had left a horrible scar on her sister's heart.
Bianca never trusted or liked any man from that day except their father and senior brothers,..and now..Solomon.

"You are in love with her, ..aren't you?", Lydia asked , staring straight at the bashful man who sat across from her.

Solomon straightened himself and smiled for the first time since their encounter with the spirit realm that day. He glanced towards the back door that led to the garden, barely making out Bianca's faint form through the glass windows.

Were his feelings for her that visible

Solomon thought he had hid his affections quite well. He wanted to take it slow with Bianca. She was strong spiritually but just seemed so ..delicate, when it came to other matters, especially that of the heart.

"Yes" Solomon replied, his heart beating so fast, he could almost hear it in his throat.

" I see," Lydia whispered back, a worried expression on her face. There and then, she knew Solomon had to be told about her sister's past.

Lydia could just imagine a beautiful wedding day ending disastrously because the bride got scared and didn't show up.

"I think I know what you are about to say," said the farmer in an angry tone " well,..I may not seem good enough for your sister, but why don't you let me ask her first if she would even date me ,"

He stood up, prancing all around the sitting room, unaware of the astonished look on Lydia's face, ... "anyway, the woman is over forty, she should be able to make her own decisions herself".

By now Lydia had had just about enough of Solomon's ranting, and she was no push over.

"Will you please sit down and let me finish before you start jumping into conclusions," Lydia scolded, her voice, strong and firm.

Solomon stopped in his tracks and finally glanced her way, ..noticing Lydia's angry countenance for the first time since he stood up.

He was surprised at his outburst. This was so unlike him, ..definitely his growing feelings for Bianca had clouded his mind for a second there, and truly, he hadn't expected the sister to drop the questions and answer bomb on him today.

Lydia stared at him intently. This man was lovesick and a nervous reck to say the least. The two barely even knew each other, and it had been only three weeks since they met.

Lydia noticed the way her sister behaved whenever she knew the farmer was coming to visit,..which was practically almost every day now.

Bianca would take time in the bathroom, pampering herself with the lavender scrub and soap she liked so much. Even her hair was always well brushed and tied neatly into a bun above her head.

Lydia's thoughts were interrupted, as Solomon took his seat again and cleared his throat, nervously waiting for Lydia to continue her line of interrogation .

When light comesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें