Part 15

The time to confront their Spiritual enemy was drawing near.

Amari and her deliverance team were now complete. The last member, David, had arrived a week after the ladies.
Together, they had gone through the church archives, reading up on Comfort Marcella's evil encounter with the Prince demon of the three towns.

Comfort's journal was very detailed. She wrote how her team and herself had gone up the mountain Kuna as instructed by the Holy Spirit , to destroy the Sacred Altars of the eight deities .

On their journey through, they had saved a child who was half frozen from the chilling cold. He had secretly been following some men, who he claimed, put chains on his mother's hands and neck along with some of his aunties . Comfort wrote how the young but brave boy had lead them to the last place on mountain kuna were he last saw his relatives .

Entry: Day thirteen
'Rock swallow mai , the boy keeps saying in common africana dialect of these parts,'
'For hours, we search along the rocky mounds where he last saw his mai, but there were only foot prints here and there, scattered within inches of each other.
  We are Exhausted, and have decide to set camp near the footprints for the night.

11pm today:
At Bedtime, Little muso, (that is what he calls himself),sadly cuddles beside me. His eyes red and puffy from crying all day. He has eaten very little since we rescued him, ..must remind myself tomorrow to force feed him if possible. He is a bag of bones, ..not more than seven in age by my guess. Wonder how many days he has been following the men that took his people'.
'Lord please take control, ..return this child's mother to him'.

Entry: Day fourteen
Early hours of yesterday morning, Timpe, our guide woke some of us up . He said he could hear people weeping from inside the rocks behind us. We left two guards behind at the camp to keep watch over those still asleep. Seven of us followed Timpe to investigate the cries .
At the front of a big stone slab, we notice a faint light seeping out of it's cracks, even the weeping is more audible now. Obviously, there was a cave here, and this slab covered the mouth. This explains the footprints leading nowhere.

It took us a while to push the stone slab away, exposing half clothed women in an enormous man made cave. They were all bound, hands and feet with chains. It was a sorry sight.
Personally, I have heard of this secret hideouts of slave merchants , ..just didn't know these fetish priests had their own caves for sacrificial victims.
All were women,..dirty and sitting in their own filth .They were so happy to see us. Timpe and three of our guards took them to a small stream we had earlier passed, to clean themselves up.

The journal also revealed the women as members of the quintoi tribe, a place far north from the mountains, their village had been raided by slave traders. Most of their men and youths had been killed with guns, but the children had been left to run away.

It was obvious to Amari and the rest reading the journal that the slave traders must have needed only women for a particular reason.

Twenty five of them had been sold to some traditional priests,and were stashed away like animals from prying eyes. Unfortunately six had already been used as human sacrifice before Comfort's team had found them .
According to the prisoners, the priests came every two days to carry off two of them.
  Among the survivors was Muso's mother and grandmother.They were one of the lucky ones.

Entry: Day Fourteen 3pm
...'we all didn't know the twos' relationship with the boy until the older woman saw the sleeping boy at the camp site and screamed.
We all ran to her, only to see muso in her arms while she wept.
Muso's mother was the next to scream. She had been some yards away from her mother before she beheld the two.
We were all pleased to see them re-united.