Part 17

Nothing shall by no
Means harm you
Luke 10:19b

Angels hovered in mid air above the old church . Jerub and Barziel stood  behind Pastor Jacob as he read from Comfort's journal . Both re-called everything that had happened that day.
If only Comfort could have seen into the spirit realm, she would have written far more than what her grandson and the prayer team read and perceived in their mind's eye.

The Master himself had been there that day in the cave. Unknown to Comfort, HE had stood right beside her. It was the reason the demon could not approach the woman.

They had clashed swords with their evil counterparts, cutting them down like grass, assisted by the power of prayer. The only regret for Jerub and his brothers were the vessels. Most of them had died in the battle.

All of these men and women, had heard the word of GOD through one of the FATHER's children at one point or the other in their lives.
HE had reached out to them, presenting them with a choice . Even though two of them had doubted, ..in the end, they had all rejected the gospel, personally .

But to the angels surprise,  the same two that doubted and almost re-considered to receive the gospel, were the very two who had survived their spiritual attack long enough to accepted him before they died.
How the Angels had  rejoiced that day for these two souls.

Celeb and Yuri, had been instructed by the Holy Spirit to personally take Somadi and Patu home to the FATHER . If only Comfort's team had seen these two in their glorious form and not the twisted, burnt up bodies lying on the hospital beds.

Now it was about to happen all over again, but this time, they were hoping this vessel would stay alive and fulfill his destiny in Christ. There were too many souls attached to this one, and many awaited his healing powers through GOD.

Jerub remembered when Zebu had been born, Arimel had been sent to be his guardian angel . But Zebu's mother, Doris, had not wanted the child.
She was a prostitute in the red district of town, always high on marijuana and struggling to make ends meet.
Immediately Doris gave birth in her one room apartment, she had hurriedly cut the cord that bound mother and child, with a razor blade, bore down and pushed, until the fetal membrane came out and quickly placed both her child and the placenta into a rice sack.

Emotionally, she was so detached from what had just taken place, ..no remorse, ..no heart rending cry or pity for her new born baby, just anger and selfishness.

Arimel, the Angel guarding the child had expected this. And he had known what she was planning, ...to drown the babe in the river in honor to the Water goddess.

Doris was  Sa'omiwa , a member of the goddess cult. A sacrifice like this would definitely bring success and wealth. For it was pure and untainted.

Arimel had done his best to discourage her that day not to drown the boy, speaking into her heart to have mercy on her own flesh and blood, but to no avail.

Her heart was as hard as stone.

She had reached Krotoa river and without any hesitation, cast the crying sack into it.

Immediately, Arimel had grabbed the sack and threw it back unto shore.

Doris had screamed out in confusion when she saw this happen. She knew very well the consequence of a rejected sacrifice by the goddess. Poverty, or even worse, the abominable sickness ...madness .

Zebu's mother had thrown the sack in three more times, crying profusely and hoping each time, that Omiwa would accept it. And each time, the sack had been thrown back to the sandy shore.