Part 16

HE trains my hands for war
And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

       Amari and David had stayed up, reading Comfort Marcella's journal all day, only falling asleep at the break of dawn . The two were worn out.
Pastor Jacob had found them in the church office, fast asleep on opposite couches.

The team had taken turns going through the journal. It was a thick brown leatherback, revealing so many information from the past about Comfort and her many ordeals and adventures.
He would have to call Lydia and Bianca,to take over from these two, but for now, it was time for him to continue reading were he stopped two days back.

The journal was the only thing left behind by his grandmother. She had married late in life and by the time Jacob was born, Comfort was long dead.
Jacob's father, Noah, had been Comfort's only child. She had been fifty-two when she had him. The first pages of her journal had been dedicated to Ben, her husband and Noah,her miracle baby.
The feats that he read about from his grandmama's journal were more like stuffs out of ghost tales. Her encounter with Ethjab was just one out of many. She travelled vastly, moving around west and central Africa with her deliverance team. They were invited by individuals, churches, communities and even private organizations

He was definitely excited to continue reading without anyone's disturbance. It was Tuesday, his off-day from church duties. His assistant pastor, Mr Daniel , would be in-charge  of the going-ons.

He gently extracted the book from David's loose fingers, tip-toed to his cracked leather chair, behind his desk, and sat quietly.
With a boyish grin on his face, he delved into the journal, quickly catching up to the page marked in blue by David's pen, for continuation.

Entry : Thirty- three
The young man stood up from his throne and looked behind us,as if expecting more of us to flow in.
"I thought you brought the whole Nation to bow at my feet" the man said, scoffing at us "and to what do I owe this honor..Comfort?".
I was not startled that the demon knew my name. They knew everything about people, ..name, birth, mother, father,.. and I knew a teasing game was about to begin.

Ethjab went on and on about my past, especially my wrongdoings before becoming a Christian and even afterwards. He even called out my deliverance teams' short comings and our inner most desires that were against GOD.

Note: Evil fiends always use your past sins against you. Before confronting one, always ask for the forgiveness of sins. Cleanse yourselves spiritually by fasting and prayer, which my team and I carry out for twenty one days before going on a mission like this.

I didn't allow him to ramble long. I told everyone with me  to join hands together and begin to cast and bind, while I faced the demon with the word of God.

"The Bible says, ..that we are new creations, we are brand new men, old things have passed away,..for greater is HE that is in me, than he that is in the world".

At the name of Jesus, the young man would scream, shouting profanities at me,but I knew it was Ethjab that was actually in agony .
Twenty minutes into our prayer, the young man suddenly fell on the rocky floor, exhausted and weakened by our prayers.
For this short period of time, I didn't feel the demon's evil presence again.
I asked Saluu, who was still in our custody, witnessing everything, what the young man's name was . It was Fayuk.
I ran to where he was and knelt beside him. I knew time was running out .

Note: If a vessel should receive Christ into his or her life before an evil being came back in during deliverance,the evil would be locked out and would not be able to return.
The Spirit of God would have instantly occupied the vessel. But only and If truly, the vessel 'sincerely' accepted Jesus.