Part 36

Therefore, put on the full
Armor of GOD,so that you can take
your stand against the devil's schemes
- Ephesians 6:11

Evening was fast approaching and praise worship and prayers had resumed at Mama Sai's as everyone joined in, including Zebu.

"..In Jesus name have we prayed" Pastor Jacob concluded

"Amen," shouted everyone

"The Holy Spirit just laid an instruction in my heart, Amari proclaimed happily, smiling from ear to ear, "Please let everyone repeat after me, ..I wear the whole armor of GOD now in Jesus name, amen".

They had barely finished the declaration before a loud growling noise came from outside.

Little Lila nearly screamed everyone's ears off as she clung unto the nearest pair of adult legs she could find.

Everyone glared at each other, they wandered what was making such a bone chilling sound.

It sounded human, but yapped, and snarled, ..almost like a crossbreed between a wild dog and a ferocious lion.

"That .." whispered Bianca, as she peeped out of the sitting room window, which gave a clear view of the front porch, "..can't possibly be a human being".

Everyone ran to the window. Loud gasps erupted from each watcher.

Mama Sai screamed as she swayed on her feet as if in a dizzy spell.

The creature was totally naked and stood like a humanoid would, but it's whole body was thick and misshapen.
Thick black fur ran across the length and breath of its entire body. And it's head was unnaturally large, almost as huge as an hyena's.

It's black mane and elongated snout made it almost impossible for them to see it's yellow slit like eyes, but as the creature shifted it's gaze around the house for an opening, the eyes would glow like a cat's caught in a car's headlights.

The most frightening thing that could not be missed by all was the drooling jaw full of sharp curved canine teeth .

David ran to the front door and locked it from the inside. Yet the human like creature made no indication of moving from the spot where it stood. Instead it's twisted facial features looked amused and satisfied at the fright and commotion it caused .

"Donald, is the back door locked also!?", shouted Solomon as he pulled each woman away from the window and closed the panes . The more they looked at that hideous being outside, the more he felt their faith might waiver.

"Yes sir!" Donald shouted back from the kitchen before entering into the sitting room .

After seeing the strange beast outside, he had swung into action_ran to the back door in the kitchen and bolted it, along with the burglary iron behind it .

Papa J stared at the house help from were he stood . The lad seemed happy and almost oblivious of the spectacle outside. Anyone seeing him at that moment would think this sort of thing happened every day.

Solomon pulled the curtains tight and turned on the lights, ordering David and Zebu to do the same in every room.

The women hurdled together and began to pray as the young men secured the house.