Part 24

And his banner
over me, was
Love, songs of Solomon 2:4b

Fred stood up, and placed himself between his wife and Solomon. They knew each other well. Solomon had been his classmate at the University of Bangui.

The farmer had been very popular in those days. Although he studied Agriculture, Solomon was on the Wrestling team throughout his course . He won many medals for the School .
The man was built like an Ox, but Fred knew his friend was a gentle soul.

Still, the Solomon he was staring at was not the one he knew. The man in front of him looked like a crazed animal, his nostrils were flaring, his hands bunched up into fists.

"Zebu is my son isn't he?!" Shouted Solomon, his voice carrying on to the neighbors'. Even the dog in the next compound began to bark.

Pastor Jacob moved quickly towards his son, grabbed him by the arm and pulled Solomon towards one of the tall wooden chairs by the side of the wall.
After a few minutes, Doris walked solemnly towards Solomon, not wanting to stir the dragon trying to fight it's way out in the angry man before her.

She stood in front of Solomon boldly but with sadness written all over her face.
Doris blurted out the truth clumsily, not knowing how else to put it, "..yes, he is yours, ..I am so sorry Solomon!, please forgive me.."

Solomon screamed like a wounded man. "Why didn't you just come out clean and tell me,..you very well know I would have taken him off you...I would have asked for nothing..I would have been father and mother to that child, how could you throw my son into a river.., I ha...", Solomon could not control himself anymore, his voice broke off as he began to weep like a child.

" I hate you Doris!, I hate you!", screamed Solomon as Doris stepped back alarmed at the man's insane look.

There was murder in the man's eyes. She knew if they had been alone, he could have literally strangled her.
Well, ..who could blame him. She had been heartless and selfish when she was in the cult.

She knew when she met him back then that Solomon had been hurting real bad after the death of his wife and child. He would come to the red district area to get drunk and drown his sorrows in the green bottle.
Doris was instantly attracted to him,.not as a potential victim, but more like _a play thing.
The guy was chiseled like a rock and so suave when he spoke. Whenever she saw him, her imagination always ran wild .
She introduced herself on his third visit to her favorite bar, Simple Simon. And just like that, they hit it off.
They dated close to a year before she found out she was pregnant for him. She knew how much he would have wanted the baby, but back then, she just wasn't ready to settle down with anybody and decided not to tell him about the pregnancy.

' Who would have thought their parts would ever cross again '.

" Where is Bianca?!",Lydia said in an alarmed voice. Everyone stared at the open door that lead outside to the veranda.

"No! " whispered Solomon, as he stood up, almost knocking Papa J off his feet.

The old man quickly stepped back.

Suddenly, he re-called the surprise proposal Solomon had been planning for the past few days. The two men had agreed that it would be tonight . They had even gone to the jewelers on Poser street, to buy a beautiful engagement ring .

"You dropped this" Amari said, handing the small box to Solomon, "she saw when you dropped the ring and heard everything that just took place between yourself and Doris. "Go after her, big brother".