Loss of Hope

"Keith!" Allura almost slipped a few times as she ran down those wooden steps. He grunted in response. "Keith, it's seriously important!"
Romelle's voice rang. His hearing wasn't great, half his body was asleep. Was this another dream? No, it couldn't be. They sounded in distress, in fear, like they all needed help.
He panicked, wanting to open his eyes quicker than his body was capable of.

Keith blinked a few times, getting up from his position. "What's the matter?" He groggily asked. "Harper and Lance may be missing." Allura incoherently spoke. "What do you mean missing?" Keith was quick to adjust. "By missing we mean... kidnapped." Blake hesitantly said. Keith's stomach turned upside down, he suddenly felt like he needed to vomit.

"Why? Why were they kidnapped, what happened?" Keith's heart rate increased at a quick pace. "I was awake, I went to get water. Notes where left at places I could easily see.
I thought it was Lance or Harper, so I went up there to see an empty bed. Allura woke up, I-I looked in the other part of the house." Romelle was all over the place, it was clear that she was shocked by the sudden problem.

"They weren't there. They left their phones. I-I mean, what does this person want!" Blake grit his teeth, his jaw clenched. Tears swelled in the brims of Keith's eyes. "No." He was already tired, when would the shadow person give up?
"Some-Somebody call Shiro!" Keith's lips trembled, his body shook. "Why them?" He wiped his tears with the back his hand.

Allura rushed to his aid, crying a bit herself. Blake decided to dial Shiro quickly. Romelle just paced around the room, thinking.
"I know you're scared for them..but.." Allura began, gasping for another breath of air.
"We need to find them before something and happens. We can't waste time sulking." Allura she bravely continued.

Keith nodded weakly. "I'm going to wake Pidge and Hunk." Romelle had a frown taped to her face, she looked so small. Meanwhile, Blake tried ringing Shiro multiple times. Finally, he got a grumpy answer.

"Shiro, we need you at Pidge's house as soon as possible. Please, please, please.." He pleaded, waiting for a response.

"Why, Blake? I don't want to see Lance chug orange juice again." He rolled his eyes from the other end of the phone. Adam shifted from his loud voice, not fully getting up.

"No, that's the thing. We can't find Harper, nor Lance. We think they've been kidnapped." It pained him to say it, but he really believed that Harper was kidnapped. His little sister, his only biological family, was gone. Blake held his salty tears back, not wanting to cry. He'd cried enough throughout the years.

"Pidge, Hunk?" Romelle knocked. Pidge was a light sleeper, and she was smiling when Romelle turned on the yellow light.
"Hey Romelle. What's up? Did you have another nightmare again?" Pidge asked, the concern spread in her voice.

Romelle couldn't take it anymore, her sobbing was covered by her hand. "Harper, Lance." Her voice made it's way through the cries. Pidge bolted from the bed to her friend.
"What about them?" She wrapped her tiny arms around Romelle. Once she had contained herself, Romelle took a heavy breath.

"We have some reasons to believe that they've been kidnapped." She waited for Pidge's reaction. She started to laughed, it was definitely forced. "You're kidding, right?" She said in a panicky tone. "N-No." Romelle shook her head.

Her giggles turned into screams, into cries.
"What- how?" She weeped, her eyes now red and puffed. "I saw notes, telling me to go upstairs. I thought it was a joke, I swear. But, I couldn't find Harper or Lance anywhere." Romelle started tearing up again.

Pidge wasn't ready to see Hunk cry. She didn't want to wake him, but she had to. It wasn't right to keep something this big, hidden.
"Hunk." Pidge shook her boyfriend softly.
"Yeah?" She smiled softly, looking at the girl was still harshly breathing.
"It's Harper and Lance."