Bittersweet

~ At Altean Airport, on Wednesday, June 6th, 12:00 a.m. ~

"Lance, do you have to go..?" Keith protested the flight to Cuba. Lance nodded, pulling his boyfriend in for a final hug.
"Yes, I do. I'd never miss Veronica's 16th birthday. I promise I'll be back on Saturday." Lance assured Keith as he hugged him tightly.

"Ok, bye Pidgeon." Lance lifted to small girl up, giving her a pat on the back. It was the final call on the loud speaker, and Lance was about to leave. "Bye! Shiro take care of them for me! Love you all!" Lance said, walking away and blowing kisses.

"I guess we can watch the plane take off." Hunk frowned, sniffling. Shiro hugged them all, telling them that Lance would come back soon.
Lance was a key part of the group. He was the goofball, yet at the same time, he was the glue that held everybody together.

"It's only 3 days, guys." Pidge laughed, watching her best friend stroll into the gate.
"I know! But Lance is so entertaining! What are we going to do without him? My little brother is gone and the Scooby gang is separated!" Allura whined, pressing her face to the glass window, watching Lance's plane.

"Wait Allura, if we're all related, wouldn't that make it incest-" Pidge was stopped by Coran's finger on her lips. "No." Shiro raised an eyebrow at her.

Keith jumped up on the chair next to Allura's.
The plane was taking off, leaving Altea. "Flight 32 for Cuba has left." The woman on the loudspeaker said.

"I guess we should get going. I have my summer report to do." Allura frowned, dragging a sad Keith behind her.

~ At Pidge's House ~

Hunk plopped himself on the couch, going to watch TV to not think about Lance leaving them. The famous Altean reporter, Krolia, was on air. "Hello! Welcome back to 12:30 news with Krolia and Kolivan! The first report for the day, lock your doors, people who live the area of Altea and Daibzaal are mysteriously disappearing."
Krolia said through the TV screen.

Keith threw himself down next to Hunk. "Hey the lady in your family picture kinda looks like her." Hunk squinted at Krolia's face. Keith's eyes widened. "Wait, you mean my mom in the family picture?" Keith looked at him from across the couch.

"Is that the one with the hair that looks a magnet pulling on the two ends? Yeah." Allura leaned over the couch on Keith's side.
"Wait, listen to the report." Hunk raised the volume up, listening for what Krolia had to say.

"Is it true? The famous generals from Daibzaal are back, terrorizing once more. Ezor, Acxa, and two other unknown participants are in this gang, with their well known leader Lotor. They say they are coming for the Alteans, be warned. No sign of Lotor anywhere. Here's why." Kolivan read from his script.

"Wha-"Pidge leaned closer to the TV screen, which a famous lake appeared. "The Aris Lake! Lotor was found murdered at 11:34 a.m this morning, his body thrown into the lake.Time of death is still unknown, and it was ruled: The slitting of a throat, multiple stab wounds, one perviously and several more recent on his body. The man we know as a monster, who terrorized Alfor's daughter, Allura, is dead. We will definitely be updating on this homicide-" Hunk shut the TV off, Shiro rushing over to the couch.

"Oh my gosh." Allura shakily let out a breath. "Who killed him! That's our job!" Keith stood up shaking his head. "We don't want to mess with the generals. They're coming after us. They think we killed him!" Allura widened her eyes, making the most amazed expression.

"But we didn't!" Hunk loudly said, making his words echo through the room. "That's the point. What if one of us did.." Coran said, sipping his weird substance that he drank every day.