Mission

(PLEASE READ LAST CHAPTER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED.)

"JAMES?" Veronica yelled, straining her voice.
"Where are you..?" She said, being more quiet.
The glass shattered, pieces everywhere. Veronica had multiple cuts wrists, palms, legs, and probably her face. Her door was closed faced down, the concrete preventing her from getting out.  "Damn.." She mumbled, the sunlight reflecting on her glasses.

Everything pained, physically and mentally.
James wasn't beside her, as Veronica already noticed. Nadia and Adam strolled through the streets, no sign of anybody. "I bet they're hooking up.." Adam said in a sing song voice.

"Shut up. They aren't." Nadia rolled her eyes.
"Sure.." Adam laughed. Nadia sighed, but she couldn't help but smile. "Do you have any siblings?" She randomly asked, speeding through another street.

"No, why?" Adam answered, glancing up and down the streets. "You'd be a good brother." Nadia complimented. The comment made Adam smile. "How did you get Keith's number?" Adam queried, feeling like this whole situation was a little out of place.

"Lance sent it to Ronnie for safety reasons or something. Ronnie sent it to James, since he asked for it. I just saw him on James's contact list and I decided to add 'em." Nadia acknowledged. Adam nodded, holding onto the girl's shoulders. "You don't look like somebody who would ride a motorcycle." Nadia stated.
"It's because the motorcycle isn't mine. White's my color. Not red, never red. It's too bold, and I'm a casual guy." Adam rambled.

"Okay, I didn't ask about your favorite color." Nadia laughed, blazing down an alleyway.
"Where are we going?" Adam questioned, looking ahead of them. "We're taking a shortcut back to Pidge's house. I figured I'd meet your friends while I'm at it." Nadia smiled, looking back for a spilt second.
"Alright.." Adam agreed.

Veronica kicked her way into the drivers seat, leaning sideways. The car was completely wrecked, Veronica didn't know if she could get out. The street was still quiet, with the occasional honks from the street over. The drivers door was thankfully unlocked, and Veronica gratefully sighed. The window was gone, and she opened the door from the outside, well she tried.

Veronica stuck her hand out cautiously, being careful that she didn't cut it with the remaining glass. The handle shifted, her hands getting a grip on it. It slid, and the door opened. "Oh God.." she closed her eyes in a state of relief. Veronica stood up on the seat, being the car was on it's side and she couldn't just walk out.

The door pushed all the way out, and Veronica jumped on top of the car's left side. She unstably balanced, realizing she didn't have her phone. "Shit!" She cursed, looking in from the left side window.

// Incoming call from Ina Leifsdottir  //

"Nope, no, no, no!" She grunted, looking at the caller. Veronica slid her legs back into the car from the window, out reaching for her phone.
"Come on.." She stuck her tongue out due to concentration. The call ended suddenly.
"No! Fuck." She grunted, her feet sliding to be kept in place.

"Hey, is that a car?" Nadia's eyes widened, just as she turned down the alleyway. She sped up, her heart rate increasing at a rapid pace.
"Stop the bike before you jam into it." Adam hopped off the moving motorcycle, running toward the accident, or not-accident. Nadia stopped her rose colored bike abruptly, and she gulped. "Please don't be James and Veronica."
Nadia said in a pleading tone.

Adam jumped up on the wheel, peering in through the window. There appeared Veronica, her feet dangling. "Veronica!" Adam shouted, holding his hand out. "No!" Nadia yelled, sprinting over. Veronica took Adam's hand, pulling her up. "Ronnie.." Nadia bit her lip, taking her other hand.