The knock on the door startled the pair, Jimin jumping to make the door fly open, praying that a certain red-headed general would grace their presence, slightly disappointed when it was only the brunette he was still happy to see.

Jaemin, on the other hand, wore a smile wider than Jimin had ever seen, the younger rushing to pull Jimin into a tight hug, beaming, "I have something to show you, Lord Park."

"Jaemin-Ah, I am happy to see you too but I need to ask you if you've see-"

He stopped, as Jaemin pulled a thin chain from beneath his tunic, a delicate gold ring hiding in the folds of his clothing.

Jimin's jaw dropped, his eyes wandering between Jaemin's grin and the gold ring that was inscribed with a heart next to a name that had been prancing in Jimin's head for 6 months.

❤️ Jeno

"You- what- how? I don't," Jimin stuttered, his mouth morphing into a smile as he realized exactly what it was.

"HE PROPOSED?!?!"

Jaemin breathed, holding Jimin by the shoulders, explaining, "It's a little more than that, Lord Park."

"General Jung accompanied us to a tavern one night and met with a bishop from your kingdom."

"We're married, Lord Park," Jaemin breathed, his cheeks pink as he grinned even wider, his hands moving to cover his mouth as he watched Jimin and Yoongi, who lingered in the back of the room, collectively (and joyfully) lose their shit.

Jaemin could not know all the reasons as to why the pair were so excited in that moment, but then, he saw two men gravitate toward each other almost instantly, their smiles wide for the young couple.

"Does Taemin know?"

Jaemin frowned, his smile disappearing.

"If he did, this ring would be on my finger and not around my neck. You see, my brother and General Jung have assured us they will take care of everything. I just thought I should tell you myself instead of finding out from Hoseok, of course, no offense to him. He did help me tremendously. I don't know when we are going to tell the King, but I fear it will not end well. Please, if you don't mind, I have a secret meeting with my husband."