Chapter 18: Offer Me This

Four months had passed since Alyssa Ravenlight Wayland had been born. She was dotted on by many. She had a Werewolf and a High Warlock as her god parents. Not a single person let anything near her. Her mother, Dayanara and her father, Jace especially.

"Sit still Dayanara, and let me take a look at it." Jace pressed.
"It's fine, Jace it's fine. It's just a scratch." Dayanara replied trying to get Jace to stop mothering her.
"It's more then a scratch it's still bleeding you were practically thrown through a wall." He pointed out to her as he pressed a gauze against her head.
Dayanara winced at Jace. "Ow, that hurts not so hard."
"Oh, sorry about that I didn't mean to hurt you." Jace replied with remorse in his tone of voice.
"I'm just concerned, you could have been killed." He stressed to the mother of his child.
"Relax a little Jace, will take more then being thrown through a wall to kill me."
Jace just frowned at her.
"I really don't want to find that out ever."
All of a sudden Alec and Magnus bust through the doors of Jace's apartment.
"Where's the demon?" Alec questioned bow and arrow drawn.
"Where my little butterfly, Alyssa? Is she ok? Magnus asked of his god daughter.
Jace smiled as he shook his head at his Parabatai and his warlock lover.
"The demon has been taken care of. As for Alyssa she is fine she's with Maia."
Magnus then took in Dayanara's appearance.
"You've been hurt. How bad is she Jace?" He asked concerned.
"I'm not sure, she keeps saying she's fine." Jace answered back to Magnus.
Dayanara was about to get up out of the chair, she was sitting in. Just as a wave of dizziness was about to over take her. Magnus placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Just let me take a quick look. It won't take long." Magnus asked politely.
Dayanara just sighed. "Ok fine."

After a few moments Magnus spoke again.
"Superficial wounds mostly. There all healed."
"See Jace, superficial wounds, meaning that I'm fine. Now, if the three of you are going to be ok, with your daughter, god daughter and niece. I have a client to see and Maia has to go to work too." Dayanara says matter of factly as she goes and give Jace a kiss.

As she is heading to the door Maia comes out of the nursery carrying baby Alyssa. Dayanara smiles as she kisses her daughter on the head.
"You keep these three out of trouble while mommy is out and be a good girl."
Alyssa smiles and coos at her in response. Dayanara kisses her one more time.
"I love you sweetheart."
She then disappeared out the door.
SSSSSSSSSSSS
Dayanara wasn't really going to meet a client. She was going to meet up with Clary and Luke. Dayanara, had something she wanted to offer them. It was going to be her way of repaying them for all they did the day Alyssa was born.
Both Clary and Luke had agreed to have lunch with her. She had something she wanted to offer them as a thank you.
Dayanara had picked out this out of the way bistro to have lunch with them. It was a Thursday in the late in the afternoon, so there were very few mundanes there except the owners. It would be perfect for the business that she wanted to discuss with them.
Pulling in a breath, Dayanara pulled open the door to the bistro and walked inside. After finding a table that was out of the way. As she waited for Clary and Luke to show up. Dayanara ordered a mocha cappuccino and sipped on it, she let the heat of it warm her hands.
At the sound of the bell above the door chiming as someone entered. Seeing Clary's fiery hair Dayanara smiled and waved her over to her table. Not long after Clary's arrival Luke showed up.
"Sorry I'm late, it's been hard to go on my lunch break and actually get lunch, without people asking me a million questions."
Luke looked over at Clary and then Dayanara.
"So what is all this about?" He questioned.
"Your guess is as good as mine Luke. I guess we'll just have to ask Dayanara." Clary replied.
"I know that this seems a little strange my asking you to lunch. But I wanted to find a way to say thank you for all you've done."
Dayanara explained.

"Well, taking us to lunch is a very nice gesture." Luke responded.
Dayanara just waved Luke off.
"Oh the lunch isn't my thank you, I have a proposal for you?" Dayanara asked.
"What kind of proposal?" Clary questioned.
"What if I took you back in time to the day Jocelyn died?" Dayanara looked over at Luke as she finished.
Her eyes then fell on Clary who was now quiet.
"Now mind you it may not even work I haven't tapped into that part of my magick in a very long time." Dayanara explained.
"But there is a chance." Clary asked.
Dayanara nodded her head.
"There is a chance that if it works, it would give you and Luke a chance to stop the demon before it can possess Alec or at least keep the demon from making him kill her." She continued.
Both Luke and Clary share a glance at one another. Dayanara then adds.
"Now, just remember not to get your hopes up. This might not even work. So all I'm asking is that the two of you just think about it. Sleep on it and let me know in a few days."

(Hope everyone found this chapter to be interesting. The next Chapter 19 is titled Time Slip.)