Chapter 42: Bad Dream

Hearing that Luke had helped identify Azazal, as the greater demon roaming the street of New York, killing people. Jace thought it would be a good idea to check in with him. Especially, since he had a run in with Azazal while they had been moving Valentine for questioning. The inquisitor, didn't trust their way of questioning and was coming to the New York, Institute herself.

"Hey Luke, are you home it's Jace. I have a few things I wanted to ask you." Jace said as he knocked on Luke's apartment door.

What Jace didn't expect to find was Luke being on edge as if some one were watching him.
"Whoa, are you feeling okay Luke? You don't look to good." Jace said in concern.

Something felt off for some reason. He wasn't sure what it was, but it had Jace quietly trying to figure out a way to leave.
"You know what it's not important. I've come at a bad time, so I'll just get with you when it's more convenient." Jace said as he tried to make his way to the apartment door to leave. Thank the Angel that Clary and Simon had their own place now and Jocelyn was in Idris.

"You're not going anywhere, until you tell me why there are two cribs in the spare room that smell like Warlocks and Claris— I mean Clary." Luke questioned, he had almost called Clary by her full name. Something that Luke would have never done.

His little mistake did not go unnoticed by Jace.

"You're not Luke are you? You're Valen—."

Jace didn't get to finish his sentence. Before the imposter, Luke grabbed him by the front of his shirt and threw him into the wall across the apartment. Which rendered Jace unconsciousness.
SSSSSSSSSS
"Jace this is the third time I've called you. Why aren't you answering your phone. The inquisitor, is on her way to question Valentine herself, you should be here. Not to mention that Valentine is acting really strange. It would be nice to have your take on things." Alec said into his phone before hanging up.

He just couldn't shake this feeling inside. Something just didn't added up. So Alex decided to go see Valentine one last time before the inquisitor got there to do it.

"Alec Lightwood, I'm here to see the prisoner." The guard patted him down then let him through.

Alec was taken by how relieved and happy Valentine seemed to be to see him.

"Alec, you have to listen to me. It's me Luke. I know I look like Valentine, something happened when the Warlock was helping us transport Valentine here. We were attacked by Azazal. When I came to I was inside Valentine's body. If you don't believe me call Jocelyn
from Idris, or even Clary and Simon." Valentine was trying to reason with Alec.

"If I were really Valentine why would I even mention Simon. Valentine despises all down-worlders. Because he sees them as beneath him beings that should no longer exist." Valentine continues on trying to get the dark haired Shadowhunter to believe what he is saying is true. It's his only hope before he is tortured than executed.

"You'd say anything to try and save your own hide." Alec said to Valentine

Two Shadowhunter guards came into the cell to strap Valentine down in a special leather chair.

"Alec please, call Clary and bring her here. I know about the twins. If I was Valentine how could I possibly know about them if I was really him?" Luke cried out from inside Valentine's body.

His words cause Alec to pause on his way out of the cell door.

"Even if I were to believe you there's nothing I could do now. The inquisitor is already on her way." Alec said as he walked away.

New Salvation जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें