Birthday - Katy Perry

Ashton:

I heard you’re feeling nothing’s going right
Why don’t you let me stop by?
The clock is ticking, running out of time
So we should party all night

You struggled to hold the phone between your shoulder and your ear, juggling a case of beer in one hand and a few bottles of liquor in your other. “Ash? You there?” You grunted, sighing with relief as you shoved the huge case of beers into your car. “Hello?” 

"Hey." Ashton grumbled back, his tone sour which made you frown. You hadn’t seen him all day due to the fact that you were planning his surprise party which would be held later that night. "I’m so fed up with all of this shit. I woke up in a good mood but the fans are being cold, the boys have been ignoring me, my own mother forgot my birthday, and it seems as if my girlfriend bailed on me even though she said that she would spend my birthday with me." Instantly your mood plummeted, guilt filling your gut at his heartbroken tone.

Starting your car, you put your phone on speaker and sent a text to the boys telling them to finish setting up at your house while you got Ashton. “I’m so sorry, Ashton, I got called into work.” You cringed at the crappy lie, hopefully he wouldn’t remember you got fired a few days ago. “Listen, I’m on my way to your place now. We can go grab a bite to eat and cuddle all night at my house, sound good?”

He was silent for a few moments, only his breathing being heard through the receiver. “Yeah, that sounds perfect, actually. I’m going to get cleaned up, you know where the key is.” He hung up abruptly, obviously still irritated which made you feel that much guiltier. You practically broke every traffic law on the way to Ashton’s home, slamming on the brakes as you pulled into his driveway before letting yourself inside to see him sitting on the stairs whilst shoving his shoes onto his feet.

He gave you a short kiss, but other than that he gave you the cold shoulder all throughout your dinner and all the way to your house. You’d been told nearly an hour ago that the party was set up and everyone had arrived so you were relieved to finally make it home. “Hey, can you grab that case of beer from my car? It’s too heavy for me.” He complied without a question as to why you had an entire case of alcohol when you lived alone. You ran inside, flicking the lights off as everyone scattered to find hiding places.

"(Y/N)? Why’s it so;" You turned the lights on, everyone jumping out and shouting surprise at Ashton along with many birthday wishes. "Dark." He finished, gaping at the crowd filled with all of his friends and family, along with a few lucky fans that you’d allowed to come. "Did you do this?" He asked, turning to look at you with a huge grin on his face as he pulled you into his chest for a bear hug. "Thank you, so much."

Calum:

So cover your eyes,
I have a surprise
I hope you got a healthy appetite
If you wanna dance,
If you want it all
You know that I’m the girl that you should call

Calum continued to whine impatiently, groaning loudly and bugging you to hurry up. Rolling your eyes at your impatient boyfriend, you slipped on your robe and cracked the door to peak out at Calum. “I’m done.” You said simply, opening the door to allow him inside only to push him away when he tried to kiss you. “Sit down and close your eyes, I have a surprise.” 

He narrowed his eyes at you, his eyes dropping to the robe you held closed tightly before he finally sighed and sat back on your bed with his hands over his eyes. “Can I open my eyes now?” He growled irritably, peeking through his fingers and huffing when you smacked his arm. “Now? Babe, what is taking so long?”

Dropping your robe, you gave a few last minute adjustments to the fancy, custom lingerie you’d ordered before you finally spoke up, “Okay, open your eyes.” This was more awkward than you’d thought it would be, your skin covered in goosebumps from the cold air as you stood in a flimsy bra and panties set in front of your boyfriend. “I’m ready, Calum.” 

Calum coughed loudly, his eyes wide as he stood up slowly. “Are you sure about this, I mean I don’t want you to think you have to do this just because it’s my birthday. I’m completely okay with waiting if you really want to, I’d hate myself if you;” You cut the rambling boy off with a kiss, your cheeks flushing as his very obvious… predicament pressed into your abdomen. 

Luke:

Boy, when you’re with me
I’ll give you a taste
Make it like your birthday everyday
I know you like it sweet
So you can have your cake
Give you something good to celebrate

"Happy Birthday, Luke!" You cooed to your boyfriend, kissing his warming cheek as he smiled shyly at you. His family and friends were all scattered around your shared apartment, Liz crowing over your affection for her son and only tinting Luke’s cheeks another shade darker. "What do you wanna do first?"

It was your turn to blush when he leaned close, pretending to kiss your cheek as he whispered in your ear, “You,” Laughing awkwardly, you pushed his head away playfully and struggled to keep from clenching your thighs. He was already getting you hot and bothered just from a stupid joke. “Presents? Then cake?” With his demand, the room burst into motion as everyone dashed to grab their presents for Luke in the hope that he’d open their’s first.

Sliding off his lap, you sat beside him on the sofa and decided to tease him right back, “I have another present for you to open later.” With that said, you slid a small box into his lap and winked coyly before skipping over to join the boys who were leaning against the wall with various bags and boxes scattered at their feet. “Well, open it Luke!” You prodded the boy who was still sitting and gaping after you in shock.

Instantly he flushed, clearing his throat nervously as he moved to unwrap the box you’d placed in his lap. “Oh my God,” He choked out a laugh, opening the box to reveal hundreds of custom made guitar picks all with cute pictures of you two together or little phrases that had seemed relevant to the relationship you shared. But, sitting on top of all the others was a necklace with a silver guitar pick that was engraved with the date that your relationship started. “I love it. Thank you, babe.” He mumbled into your hair as he hugged you tightly.

Michael:

So make a wish
I’ll make it like your birthday everyday
I’ll be your gift
Give you something good to celebrate

"Maybe hiding in a giant cake wasn’t the best idea," You grumbled to yourself whilst fanning yourself with your hands. It was nearing the half hour mark of your time in the dark, cramped space inside the fake cake you planned to surprise your boyfriend with. He’d been touring with his band for a few months and it was his birthday, so you wanted to surprise him because you missed him a lot.

Groaning, you knocked your head against the top of your hiding space before leaning back again with your knees to your chest. “And now we have a big surprise for the birthday boy, Michael Clifford! Can we all sing Happy Birthday while his gift is brought out?” You could hear Luke speaking to the audience, cheers erupting around the audience before the first verse of Happy Birthday was sung through out the stadium.

You squealed in shock when the cake suddenly leeched forward, sending you tumbling into the opposite side of your hiding place before you managed to get back into your squatting position. “I swear, my thighs better be toned when this is all over,” Yeah, your thighs were practically screaming in pain by now. 

"Happy Birthday dear Michael! Happy Birthday to you!" That was your cue, as the cheering began you pushed on the top of the cake and stood up to see Michael hugging his three best friends. The screaming only intensified when you were revealed, fans shrieking for Michael to turn around but you ignored them as you clambered out of the cardboard and wooden structure. 

Tapping the tall, colorful haired boy on the shoulder, you shouted over the fans, “Happy Birthday!” His face was in a mask of shock as he spun on his heels, his arms pulling you into a tight hug as he buried his head in your neck.