Over The Line

Ashton: The boys had been given a day off and Ashton had invited you round to spend time with each other. You and the boys were messing around in the living room on the Xbox, you were playing against Luke whilst Michael and Calum were cheering on. Ashton had excused himself out to make some food in the kitchen, and when he finished he was leaning against the door frame watching the four of you. You had just finished your round and Michael was waiting for his turn, "My turnnn, y/n." he said in a childlike tone, you shook your head, "One more go, Mikey. Please." The game was paused and Ashton remained at the door frame still unnoticed. Michael pouted, "No, y/n. Its my turn, you promised." You clutched the controller to your chest and shook your head more, "Nope. Mine." You joked, winding him up. You heard Michael mutter something under his breath, "What did you say?" Your voice was quiet now, a few moments went past before Michael replied. He tugged at his sleeves, "I said 'stop being so selfish.'" He cleared his throat as he noticed everyones attention was now on the both of you. You looked at your lap and passed the controller over to him, "I was just kidding around, you can have your turn now." You mumbled and got up off the floor and walked into the hallway. You could hear Ashton and the boys talking, "That was over the line," by the sound of Ashton's voice you could tell he was annoyed by what Michael had said, "She was only messing. You didn't have to call her selfish, Mike." "I know, I didn't mean it." You sighed and made your way over to the stairs, placing yourself a few steps up. A few seconds later Michael had made his way into the hallway and sat next to you, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset. I hope you can forgive me?" You chuckled and gave him a tight hug, "I forgive you."

Calum: You were out shopping with Calum and Ashton, and Calum had gone to use the bathroom whilst you were left alone with Ash. You were both stood in the middle of the isle browsing through clothes. Every now and then Ashton would run off grabbing ridiculous items of clothing, joking about how he would buy them for you. You would laugh the first couple of times but now it was starting to annoy you a little, "What about this y/n?" You turned round to face him and he was holding a pair of skimpy underwear, he was smirking now. Amusement still in his eyes. "Ash-" He cut you off with a laugh, and tossed them to back where they came from. "Ashton," You said a little louder, "Are you trying to imply something?" you chewed the inside of your cheek, desperate for Calum to come back. "What do you mean? I'm not implying anything." He frowned, not understanding why you suddenly had gotten annoyed with his joke. "It was funny the first few times, Ash. But the last 4 times you've come up to me with nothing but silly pairs of undies and skimpy outfits." Your voice was quieter now, not used to arguing. You didn't want to fall out with him but your suspicion was getting the best of you. "Are you trying to imply that I'm a slut or something?" Ashton's normally happy face wasn't visible now, and he was doing his best to avoid the eye contact you were holding. "Don't be silly y/n, you know I don't think of you like that." Sighing, you stepped away from him and turned back to the clothes in front of you. "I'm not being silly." "You are." By now Calum had made his way into the shop, scanning the isles for you both. By the time he had found you two, the argument had gotten worse. "Hey guys, sorry I took a while, I couldn't find neither of.." He had spotted the frustrated expression on your face and could tell something wasn't right. "The way you're acting right now, I wish I had implied that you were a slut. It was just a joke, you didn't have to take it this fa-" "Ashton," Calum's voice took over his, "Stop." Ashton was quiet now and moved his gaze to his feet, embarrassed that he had caught you two in the middle of an argument. "What's this all about?" You both stayed silent, ignoring Calum's curiosity. A few moments passed and you decided to speak up, "Its stupid. It was just a misunderstanding, I guess, I thought Ashton was trying to imply I was a slut but he was just joking around." You gave a sorry smile to them both and found a sudden interest in your bracelets. "Oh.. Okay, well. Can you both apologise to each other? Please." You both nodded and Ashton pulled you into a hug, "I'm sorry." "I'm sorry too."