60

"Stop!" A recognizable voice shouts. My eyes fall on Ryan, I almost lose my breath. I haven't seen him in a year.
"Brendon I am in love with you and I know this is bad timing but I couldn't let you get married today without you knowing how I truly feel" he says. How could he do this to me?
"Yeah well it's a little late for that" I tell him. Are we really gunna do this right here?
"No, as I see it. You're not married yet. We can still be together Brendon" he offers. I look to Rian and lip that I love her and then walk to Ryan and push him inside the building.
"Ryan are you fucking insane? Did you take crazy pills with your breakfast?! I am in the middle of my wedding, a wedding I've been planning for a whole year. What in your right mind makes you-" he stops me by kissing me but I pull away. "No! This isn't some shitty romance movie where right at the last minute I realize you're the person I want. I want Rian. I love her and want to spend my life with her. It's been a year...I've forgotten about you" the words almost sting me when I say them but they're true.
"But Brendon-"
"No...this is over." I state and go back out to finish marrying the love of my life. 

10 years later
"And that kids is the story of your uncle Ryan almost ruined our wedding" I finish.
"Almost? He did. People are still talking about it to this day" Rian points out.
"Yeah but now it's easier to laugh at" I smile.
"How did you guys manage to stay friends with Uncle Ryan" our oldest daughter Lily asks.
"I don't know, we just kind of figured that the little things didn't matter."
"I don't think I could be friends with someone who tried to take someone I loved away" my youngest, Stacey admits.
"I don't know, I feel like Ryan and I both stole Brendon from each other. I just won" Rian shrugs, rubbing her pregnant belly like it's a trophy.

There's a knock on the door and I get up to answer it, with Rian and the girls following me. I open it to reveal Ryan.
"Speak of the devil" I laugh and pull him in for a hug.
"Hey, were you talking about me?" He laughs and pulls away.
"Maybe" I joke.
"Rian, getting bigger every day" he looks over and rubs her belly.
"I'm so glad you came, we have some news for you" she smiles
All of us go into the living and sit down.
"So, first off. We're having a boy." Rian smiles.
"Yay! Finally." He perks up.
"We wanted to tell you, the name we decided on." She pauses. "George!"
"Wait...what?" He freezes. "Really?"
"Yes. We wanted to name him Ryan but we figured it would be too many Ryan's. So George, is that okay?" I explain.
"Yes. Of course. I can't believe you chose my name! Thank you" He squeals. "Cause I have news for you guys...Brandon and I, are going to adopt a baby."
"Really? Oh my god" Rian exclaims. About 5 years ago Ryan met a man named Brandon, they fell in love and 3 years later they got married. I never believed they would adopt a child. They were always unsure.
"Actually, there's a woman in England that we've been talking to..." he sighs and looks down.
"England?!" I shout. "Ryan, England?"
"Yeah. We'll be gone for 3 days."
"Are you sure? Have you even met this woman? She could be scamming you." I inform him.
"Girls can you go play in your room." Rian asks and they do without asking.
"I knew you would act like this, Brendon. We have met her. She came down here about 5 months ago...Brandon cheated on me with her." He looks down at the floor again and I gasp.
"Ryan...what happened? Why didn't you tell us?"
"Because...I didn't find out until 3 months ago. Brandon got her pregnant and she doesn't want it so he agreed to take the baby but...I'm so confused" he falls back against the couch.
"You forgave him?" I ask.
"Yeah...I mean I love him. And he told me he wasn't sure of his sexuality and then...he told me what he did and he was crying and begging me not to leave...and then he told me about the baby and Brendon you know I've been wanting a baby for forever." He explains.
"It's okay Ryan...is this why you came over?" I question.
"No, I wanted to tell you about the baby. I wasn't going to tell you about the cheating. I didn't want you guys to think less of me because I'm staying with a cheater."
"No, Ryan. We don't think less of you. You love him and it was a mistake."
"Yeah, you're right. I just needed the assurance" he sniffles. "The wound is still fresh I guess."
"But hey, Ry. You're getting a baby" Rian puts an assuring hand on his arm.
"Yeah...and then I'll have a family like you guys." Ryan looks at us. "And I'll be happy?"
"Yes, of course" I tell him.
"Thank you. Thank you guys." He smiles. I laugh a little at this whole thing.
"What?" Ryan asks.
"I don't know- just who would have thought, all 3 of us being together as friends"
"No one." Ryan laughs. "But we're here and I'm happy."
"I love you guys" I smile and lean back against the couch, placing a hand on my pregnant wife's lap, letting this be my little piece of forever after...for now.

The end: MAYBE. I might push for a second book, who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️
For now Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my works. Can't believe this is my 4th piece of work. Here's to many more!
Don't worry I'm working on stuff 😉
💚💚💛💛🧡❤️💜🖤💚🖤💛🧡💜❤️🖤🖤